The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

sixstringsteve

Caleb, it took me almost a full 5 minutes to stop laughing long enough to type this. :rofl: For the record, I said that to Steve AFTER the injury. ;)

AFTER the injury, but BEFORE my crash :D

I appreciate all the advice. I'd never laid a bike down before, nor crashed, so I don't have much experience in that regard. From now on I'll let it go down gently.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
:rofl: You guys are too funny....

Steve, if you're going to keep riding you better get used to crashing. It's just part of the game! My right wrist is chronically injured from a wreck out at 5 Mile Pass years ago, every now & again it acts up. I thought I broke it last December riding down in Moab on the Sovereign trail, after several wrecks. I suppose I should ride with a brace, but it's OK most of the time.

rholbrook

Gregs right. I currently have a scab that goes from my elbow halfway to my wrist. The implementation was good but the follow thru lacked. I rarely crash but the last ride I went down three times. I blame it on my new gloves. They were too tight on my fingers and they made my hands go numb and I got arm pump from compensating for that.

sixstringsteve

Steve, if you're going to keep riding you better get used to crashing. It's just part of the game!

I'm definitely going to keep riding, no doubt about that. I guess I'll just have to expect that I'll crash more often. I never crash on my mountain bike, and I push it pretty hard, but this seems like an entirely new ball of wax. I'm excited to keep learning. The goal is to stay as injury free as possible. I'm still trying to make it for that poker run next weekend. Hopefully my bike's done and my wrist is healed by then.

Corban_White

FWIW Steve, I went down 3 times the other night. This was from the worst one:

IMG_20110702_111235.jpg

MattL

This last weekend me and the wife headed up to Lava Hot springs to do some r&r&r (ride, rest and relaxation) The first night we were up there I headed out to the turn off, just off the road from the golf course. It was alright to get out on but nothing to write home about. Later I talked to some residents they said to hit big springs by pebble creek. In the morning, I was filling up with gas and started talking to some other riders on their bikes. They pointed me in a different direction that could eventually take me to where i was going. They also threw a rough invite if i was able to catch up. They took off, I parked and geared up and scooted off.

Here is the map link

Here is the link to the Forest service web site with other maps.

Here is the short version of the ride. Up front, I would have not rode it alone if I didn’t know there was other people in front of me. It was pretty technical for me. I’m new at this sport but it was a great time. I would do it again in a heartbeat, with others. From the map I took sunny side road, to 030 to what is called the boundary trail from there took 275 up. I caught up to them about half way up this. At the top it splits to 274 and 277. Had lunch snack and then we decided to go down 277. 2 riders went down to make sure it was ok, another went part of the way. It took us almost 2 hours to get 2 bikes back up from about .5 miles down and 1 bike .25. it was pretty steep and loose going down. One guy had his wife and thought it was best from what we had seen to go down what we came up. Rough stats, about 20 miles, 2 hours riding and about 5 hours total. I have gps tracks if some one wants.

Over all it was a very fun ride and met some out of towner’s.

Attachments

• 2011-07-03 10.17.43.jpg
    2011-07-03 10.17.43.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 2011-07-03 10.29.56.jpg
    2011-07-03 10.29.56.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 2011-07-03 11.01.13.jpg
    2011-07-03 11.01.13.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 2011-07-03 11.31.00.jpg
    2011-07-03 11.31.00.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 17

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Right on Matt that is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing :cool: If you're ever up this way again hit me up I'd love to show you around.

We have been planning a trip from Blacksmith Fork to Lava and/or Soda Springs along the Highline trail for a few years now. If the snow melts were determined to do it this year.

MattL

Right on Matt that is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing :cool: If you're ever up this way again hit me up I'd love to show you around.

We have been planning a trip from Blacksmith Fork to Lava and/or Soda Springs along the Highline trail for a few years now. If the snow melts were determined to do it this year.

Would love to. Looking forward to exploring the cub river area, both on the Idaho and Utah side. That trip sounds fun. How long do you think something like that would take? I need to get out and do some longer rides so some of these dont look so intimidating.

rholbrook

Ben Lomond Peak Ride

Cheston and I are thinking about a Ben Lomond Peak ride tomorrow night. I dont know if we can get over to North Ogden Pass but I am willing to try. I was on Pineview Res. yesterday and it looks like it may be possible. Dont know for sure but it would still be fun. I am thinking we could do it Thursday night if that works better, I can't speak for Cheston on the night though.

Maybe we can meet at 6 pm on the side of the road on the north side of the dam near the parking lot that is just before the marina if any of you are in for it.