The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm 50/50 tomorrow, bike is at the shop getting oil change/tune and I've got to prep for my customer BBQ on friday. If tonight is productive and tomorrow is smooth... I'm in :D

Cascadia

Undecided
I'd like to but it's looking like work might go later than planned and I won't have any time to get it registered. I'd go Saturday but can't until after noon or 1.

Caleb

I'd like to but it's looking like work might go later than planned and I won't have any time to get it registered. I'd go Saturday but can't until after noon or 1.
I'm actually thinking about a Saturday afternoon ride. I need to clear it with the boss, but I think I'd be able to do a Saturday afternoon/evening ride.

I'm also going up tomorrow morning(ish). Not sure how early, but probably around 10-11. I'm planning ot ride alone, so if anyone wants to join me, you're welcome to.

Cascadia

Undecided
I went up, I saw your yota, but didn't see you. Sorry. Did you ride solo?

Nope, I went riding with him. I had a blast and learned a lot. It was all fun and games until we were coming down above forest lake and I lost a link in my chain. We found the link but only the side with the 2 pins. I had some wire on my bike so we wired around it and it lasted about a mile, through all the hard stuff. I rolled down all the way to the river crossing where I proceeded to walk mine across and steve tipped his in the river. Needless to say his air box filled with water and then we had 2 non running bikes for the next 7 or however many miles it is down. Not fun! I also cracked a small cover when my chain broke and lost all my hydraulic fluid for my clutch. Good thing I didn't need it for the rest of the night. I'll let Steve chime in with more details if he wants. All in all with all the mishaps, I had a blast and can't wait to ride again!

Caleb, if I can get my bike fixed by Saturday I'd be up for an evening run.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
^ bummer! Well its good to hear I'm not the only one with bad luck lol.

Last year we lost 3 or 4 master links. You'll only forget to carry spares once :D

sixstringsteve

man, what a night. It was a really fun ride, even after pushing our bikes from forest lake down to 1 mile of tibble fork.

When I was putting together my riding backpack essentials, I could have sworn I put 2 master links in there a month or two ago. Looks like I was mistaken.

Here's what I'm glad I had:
- leatherman
- pliers
- little flashlight
- spare spark plugs
- spark plug wrenhc

Things I will never go without again:
- small rope for towing another bike
- master link

That's it. I'm not good at riding creekbeds when they're dry, and when it's dark and there's two feet of water on top of them, that makes it a little more challenging. :) I still shouldn't have dumped it in there, but oh well. I just remember tipping over, reaching for a foothold with my left foot and stepping in a hole and laying the bike down on its side as I was laying down in the water. My helmet was the only part of me that didn't get submerged with water. I pulled the plug and kicked it about 50 times, but it was still spitting water, so we gave up on restarting it.

So we met up with some nice jeepers up there (who aren't on RME). and they gave us a tow rope and offered to give us a ride down, but we declined, thinking we'd be able to get my bike running soon enough. We walked all the way down to where trail 38 starts, where a nice guy in a powerstroke gave us a ride the rest of the way down.

Tyson, you're a better rider than I am, and that was your first time. I had a blast. Even though I was about to put my bike up for sale on ebay last night, I'm recovered and ready to go riding again soon. I might be down for a saturday evening ride, if I get my bike all sorted out in time.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I pulled the plug and kicked it about 50 times, but it was still spitting water, so we gave up on restarting it.

Hahahaha! Good times! It's only funny because I've been in that situation before :eek: Did you have the bike completely upside down while pumping water out? The best is when your boots fill up with water and you're trying to push the bike out of the river with heavy feet :ugh:.