The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I couldn't find anyone to ride with, so I just went to Lambert Park in Alpine and messed around. Thanks though Caleb, I'll hit that trail next week.

I'm back in the game. My bike works wonderfully and I can't wait to ride it. Thursday night is open for me, as is this upcoming saturday.

This Saturday is supposed to be the 4th saturday ride... so tere should be a lot a people gong... Right??

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I spent all day in the basic riders course at slcc today. Not a lot of info gained after riding for about a year now, but I can see how it would be great for someone just starting out, or thinking about getting into it. I'll finish it next saturday and get my license.
Friday night was a great ride for me. I started in WVC, rode up Big Cottonwood canyon, over Gaurdsman Pass to Midway. From there I headed back up the dirt to AF canyon. I then turned around and headed back the same way i came. It's a super nice ride mixing some fun turns through the canyons and then hitting the dirt. I would suggest that ride to anyone who wants the road/dirt mix.
I'm getting better on the dirt and think I'll be ready for the single track action soon. Would that 252 trail be a good one to start out on?

sixstringsteve

Anyone want to hit AF canyon Thursday evening? I'm free from 5 PM -9 PM, that should give us plenty of time to hit some good singletrack.

193kyle

I might be able to make it out tomorrow. I won't know for sure until tomorrow afternoon though.... PM me you number and I'll give you a call if can get down there in time.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
yeah, the first one is the gravel lot that starts 040. The second on is trail 039, and it is a toughy at first!

sixstringsteve

ah, I don't feel like such a weak rider now. Everyone said 40 is tame and mild, and I'm starting to think I'm a REALLY crappy rider because 039 wasn't mild. Thanks for the clarification Jeeper.

sixstringsteve

I'm heading out to AF Canyon on Saturday morning. Anyone's welcome to join. Tibble fork parking lot around 8. We'll be riding 41 then we'll see where we go from there.

Caleb

We're heading up AFC tomorrow night, planning on meeting at the Summit parking lot around 5:30 and doing an evening ride.

I may also be heading up on Saturday, but I highly doubt I'll be able to get myself up early enough to meet up at 8, so I'll be a little later if anyone is interested in meeting up.

MattL

Wont make it this week for the Thursday night ride but probably in the future if you do it. Are you needing a good headlight for a evening ride or you back before dark?

sixstringsteve

I don't go on rides where it's dark enough to need a headlight. If you get on the trail at 6, you've got a good 3 hours of light left up there.