The waterfall bragging thread.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
IM still grinning :D

[YOUTUBE]PsRi8JHvetk[/YOUTUBE]

Congrats Goose!! That was impressive, looks like you got that 4 link build just right, those tires planted and pushed the truck right up!

BTW... that engine sounds mean for a Toyota! :eek: Did you use the NOS? :greg:

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Has anyone tried the falls in Death Valley at Echo Canyon, by Schwaub/Inyo mine, and Surprise Canyon into Panamint City?

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Congrats Goose!! That was impressive, looks like you got that 4 link build just right, those tires planted and pushed the truck right up!

BTW... that engine sounds mean for a Toyota! :eek: Did you use the NOS? :greg:

thanks greg! I was very Impressed with the suspension, (awesome traction!)

Yeah, I was burning a little nitrous, wakes that motor right up! :D

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Nice job Goose. Looks like the new rear links work well. You gotta love it when a plan comes together.

thanks bart! I was real Impressed at how much of a difference the rear suspension had on my whole rig. It is much more stable, has great flex, & the traction is awesome! no more hop

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Has anyone tried the falls in Death Valley at Echo Canyon, by Schwaub/Inyo mine, and Surprise Canyon into Panamint City?

I'd give $1000 to be able to. Dreamed about it since seeing vehicles suspended from a winch in the mid-90's 4x4 rags.

BTW way to go Goose :cool:

Last edited:

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
That was crazy how easy you made it look! Almost un-real.

LT.

looks are always deceiving ;) I tried it a couple times nice & easy, just to feel it out. (I wasnt to excited about landing on my lid in that hole)
after getting a feel for it, I geared up a bit, held on & gave it 2 shots of the nos. WOW! :eek: :D

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
No, but PM me about it so I can next time I go :D

I'd give $1000 to be able to. Dreamed about it since seeing vehicles suspended from a winch in the mid-90's 4x4 rags.

BTW way to go Goose :cool:

I am thinking about leading a cruise to Death Valley for U4WDA. I have been going there since 1966 but do not have a vehicle now that would do Surprise or Echo. When I get things organized will post to RME. The time frame would be Feb. 11 to 16 over the Presidents Holiday which is the 15th.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I am thinking about leading a cruise to Death Valley for U4WDA. I have been going there since 1966 but do not have a vehicle now that would do Surprise or Echo. When I get things organized will post to RME. The time frame would be Feb. 11 to 16 over the Presidents Holiday which is the 15th.

I don't think I've ever been in the Feb months - isn't that the wet time? I've always gone in Oct around the 11-15th'ish and the weather is great. Pretty much 80's all the time. I've always stayed up at Stove Pipe Wells and several times I've seen some nasty sand storms come up down in the valley that would just clobber the resort area...

But either way, I'm down :D

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Surprise has been closed for years hasn't it?Like 2001.

Yes Surprise is closed at the first falls. You can hike in to Panamint City, which is a real ghost town, from there. Just trying to work up some interest and ideas. Echo was still open the last time I checked in 2008. I am checking with the Death Valley office and CA4WDC. Cal 4 had there
Panamint Valley Days run Nov. 13 - 15 this year.

Jes

Cool obstacle. I didn't think it was very easy at 102.5". I have a couple more pictures, but for some reason they won't upload.

Old post but I don't know if you ever saw these pictures I took...
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

:cool: