Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Welded a bunch of square nuts onto tabs to make life easier later on.
DSC08148.JPG

Got the passenger side firewall tacked in.
DSC08152.JPG DSC08153.JPG DSC08154.JPG

Transmission shifter right on the tunnel.
DSC08165.JPG

Started cutting sheet metal for the driver side firewall but ran out of time.
DSC08166.JPG

R

rockdog

I quit setting deadlines. :rofl:

I'm tryyying. :D

I always get a kick out of how easy others think a build like this is. When we were out at constricter one time when TJ had his buggy. Two guys are standing next to me talking. One says to the other, that wouldn't be to hard to build. Just get a tube chassis and add a motor and axles. They have no clue how many hours go into doing all the little stuff like you are doing now.;)
It's looking good Shane. Keep on plugging away, it'll be worth it.

wallysheata

I always get a kick out of how easy others think a build like this is. ...They have no clue how many hours go into doing all the little stuff like you are doing now.;)
It's looking good Shane. Keep on plugging away, it'll be worth it.

x billion Just went through that last year with my build, i estimated 6 months, took me 12, and i had no job the entire time:rofl:

Shane I know you don't do deadlines, but for my sake, can you set EJS as a deadline cause i'd LOVE to wheel with you that week :greg:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
  • Steering valve mounted.
  • Made new t-case shifters & crazy linkage (shifts very well!)
  • Strange driverside firewall almost done. Need to figure out hose routing for steering valve.
  • Thin wall square tubing for floor skeleton (looks crooked, floor is slanted right there)
  • Almost got the gas pedal done, forgot to take pics.
Moving along...

Attachments

• DSC08194.JPG
    DSC08194.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC08197.JPG
    DSC08197.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC08205.JPG
    DSC08205.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC08206.JPG
    DSC08206.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC08207.JPG
    DSC08207.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 133

Bart

It's looking great. Not sure what you made your t-case shifter linkage out of, but I hope it's STRONG. I've seen some failure with those angles in the past.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
It's looking great. Not sure what you made your t-case shifter linkage out of, but I hope it's STRONG. I've seen some failure with those angles in the past.

It's 0.50 solid stock which I cold bent in a vise. Seems pretty strong. My atlas is pretty broken in as far as the shifting goes too, shifts smooth. I agree though, I was concerned about the linkage angles but I think it will hold.

Hey Shane, don't know if you have seen these but I run both the rock shifter setback and the rail shifter and it makes controlling the aw4 a breeze. Plus Rory is a great Guy to work with.

radesignsproducts.com

Thanks, I'll take a look. I've considered making my own controller to get more use out the 2nd gear.

xtremexj

Progress is looking good Shane - it's helping keep me motivated on mine.:) I'll eventually start a thread seeing as I've been slowly working on the chassis for the last few months as I have time. Hopefully you guys will go easy on me.

Shane

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Progress is looking good Shane - it's helping keep me motivated on mine.:) I'll eventually start a thread seeing as I've been slowly working on the chassis for the last few months as I have time. Hopefully you guys will go easy on me.

Shane

Yes do post up! Glad to hear you've started on it. :cool: