ricsrx

There is nothing better than the clay hills north of Price to flex the crap out of your rig, was that Trent you were out with??

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Badass!!! Now we have money for me to shop, shop, shop!!!! te he he

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I ended up with a measurement of 1600lbs sprung weight (everything supported by the coils). I have no idea what the final ground weight is with the axles and tires.

I want to say 11 twenty to twenty-four foot lengths of 1.75"x0.120 DOM, minus scrap. I originally had 13 sticks and used one for a cage in a neighbors sami and I have 1 left over.

Sounds like you are mulling something over. :D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
How did you go about measuring your sprung weight? Awesome, thanks for the info :cool:

Yeah......but first I gotta have a place to build it ;)

Sprung weight is super easy to measure on a vehicle with coilovers. Just measure how many inches the springs are compressed and multiply that by the spring rate.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
New rear seat belts. These are awesome. I had the large 3" web belts in the back before but they just don't fit the kids very well at all and are really uncomfortable for them. I found these seat belts at summitracing that have the standard latch and the shoulders are integrated so it's really easy to get the kids in and out and they will always have their shoulder harness's on.

The length of the harness indicated to me that they were supposed to mount on the floor, which is a big no-no so I modified them to properly mount behind the seat.

IMG00994-20120107-1630.jpg IMG00993-20120107-1630.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I Lean Plasma Services Incorporated cut me out some bungie / gear strap tabs thingies. These will be nice for strapping down tools & gear in the cargo area. :cool:

DSC08722.JPGDSC08724.JPGDSC08734.JPG

Finally made a roof. I'm actually thinking about putting some really dark window tint on the roof. Enough to keep the sun off but also be able to see above. Might be cool!?
DSC08727.JPGDSC08729.JPG

Changing my mind too often...
DSC08726.JPG DSC08735.JPG :confused:

Desert tan or candy red/orange.
I think I'm going with desert this time.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Desert tan would be badass, that's what I vote for! Roof looks great... hell, the whole buggy looks great. You've really outdone yourself on this one, it's amazing.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Desert tan would be badass, that's what I vote for! Roof looks great... hell, the whole buggy looks great. You've really outdone yourself on this one, it's amazing.

I think the desert tan will be cool too. Definitely a change, I think I got tired of the red/orange thing.
When I started on it, I had my fingers crossed that it would come out looking good. I extremely happy with how it's turned out, superstition must have paid off. :D

Thanks!!