bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Guess I need to find out what size I need. Have any info sources?

Did you go smaller or larger?

I'm running a 7/8" and a 1". I called Poly Perf for bore size advice, but i found that the advice varied greatly depending on who you talk to... hence i have an extra MC sitting around. I think Carl is probably your best bet for knowledge...for once.:p

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm running a 7/8" and a 1". I called Poly Perf for bore size advice, but i found that the advice varied greatly depending on who you talk to... hence i have an extra MC sitting around. I think Carl is probably your best bet for knowledge...for once.:p

I did some looking around and 7/8" or 1" looks to be pretty popular choice for disk brakes, but anything larger than that might require boost. I'm looking at a combo dual MC leveled with a single pedal. How did you do yours? Dual pedals?

Kyle

GO Jr.
Shane the build is looking awsome. One of the best looking four seaters I have seen.
If you can fit dual pedals I would highly recomend it. It cuts out the need for line locks or cutting brakes. I set my new buggy up for dual pedals.I think you would like it as well.
Kyle

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Shane the build is looking awsome. One of the best looking four seaters I have seen.
If you can fit dual pedals I would highly recomend it. It cuts out the need for line locks or cutting brakes. I set my new buggy up for dual pedals.I think you would like it as well.
Kyle

Wow, thanks man! :)

Considering that the willwood or cnc setups don't take up too much room, I might go for the dual pedals. Do you just put them close enough to stomp both but just enough to use them individually?

Probably be about the same price to get dual pedals as it would to go with a single pedal and a cutting brake. :cool:

Kyle

GO Jr.
Wow, thanks man! :)

Considering that the willwood or cnc setups don't take up too much room, I might go for the dual pedals. Do you just put them close enough to stomp both but just enough to use them individually?

Probably be about the same price to get dual pedals as it would to go with a single pedal and a cutting brake. :cool:

Exactly. It makes it a little harder if you like to drive in boots though. I like driving in a good b ball shoe;)

LT.

For dual pedals I would take a look at some that are made for tractors. Tractors are set up for left brake and right brake and the pedals have a piece of steel that will flip from one pedal to the other pedal. It should be located on the back side of one of the pedals. This way when you have the piece flipped it will be engaged when you press on either one. I hope that makes sense to ya.

LT.

chadschoon

I believe tractors contol the left and right because there is no front brakes. So that wouldn't work out so well.

I am running duel willwoods in mine. :)

Last edited:

LT.

I believe tractors contol the left and right because there is no front brakes. So that wouldn't work out so well.

I am running duel willwoods in mine. :)

Yep, that is right. But, I think it really would not be hard to switch between left and right to front and rear. Maybe all you would need to do is just make a little bracket that would attach to the back side of one pedal and a piece of angle iron attached to the other. When you only want to brake either front or rear flip the angle iron off the second pedal. When you want both flip it over so it is in contact with both pedals. I suck at explanations, but you can check out a tractor and see what I am talking about.

LT.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Someone, somewhere, once long ago, made a dual-pedal setup with just a tab on the back of one pedal. The other pedal would push on that tab and engage both brakes. Don't remember how it was plumbed but you get the idea. Simple, clean ide'er.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Someone, somewhere, once long ago, made a dual-pedal setup with just a tab on the back of one pedal. The other pedal would push on that tab and engage both brakes. Don't remember how it was plumbed but you get the idea. Simple, clean ide'er.

BUT, that doesn't work if you want to be able to lock the front brakes for a rear burn, then later lock the rear brakes for a front burn. ;)

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped

On a tractor it's got a bar hinged on the end on the left side of the right pedal that swings into a notch on the left pedal.
|