Time for another dirt bike - which one to get for a short rider?

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I'm also mildly nervous because the guy "couldn't find the title" but signed an application for a duplicate. I got burned 2 years ago by the same exact line and situation and everything the guy was saying was eerily similar to the deal I got burned in so I almost walked away right there but my brother says he knows this guy and vouched for him that I likely won't get burned here.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
Awesome, the DMV says it's not registered in this guys name at all, but in someone else's, but they couldn't release any info about whose name it is under, not even a first name.

I knew better, I'll never hand over another dollar in a deal without receiving a title in the other hand.

D

Deleted member 12904

Sounds like that's what he needs to do after he brings your money back and gets his bike.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
Update: NADA value on it "average sale price" is $770, turns out if the value is under $1,000 they don't care to check if it's stolen or not.
IMG_5860.jpg
She still checked the frame VIN number to double check it on my application for a new title but because it's value is under $1000 we were able to register it instantly, so I walked out with a valid registration and a title will be here in 6-8 weeks and that's that.

So make note: if you're going to steal a bike and resell it make sure it values under $1,000 lol. I'm not saying that the guy I bought it from did steal it, and in fact in 95% sure that it's not stolen, but they didn't verify either way.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
IMG_5874.JPG
Quick little burn out to 5 mile, runs pretty good. Geared a little tall for my style of riding, but a quick sprocket change and a few little other minor things and I think it will be good.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
For someone who knows more about these, it wouldn't already have a stator in it for a headlight tie-in would it? I'd need to buy a stator?

I could, and might, buy/cobble together a helmet mounted light, but you know, battery packing and all that. But a light that points where you look would be neato.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
When ever I am dealing with a no title issue, I pay 75% of our agreed price upfront, and will pay the rest when they deliver a title. More often than not, no title ever shows up, and I have the headache of dealing with it all.. and end up with a 25% discount.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
When ever I am dealing with a no title issue, I pay 75% of our agreed price upfront, and will pay the rest when they deliver a title. More often than not, no title ever shows up, and I have the headache of dealing with it all.. and end up with a 25% discount.

I almost walked away and said I'll come back when he finds the title and he pulled the "well I got a guy coming Saturday" deal, and my brother races with him so I took a shot. It was a small hassle, a bit of extra driving but it's all over.

But that's a good idea on that, I had a situation where I was selling a snowmobile and a guy drove from Idaho to come get it, I thought I knew exactly where the title was but couldn't find it when he came. I agreed to let him take the sled for 50% of the money, and I would get the rest when I found the title. I ended up finding it like 3 hours after he left and I drove to Idaho to give him the title and get the other half of my money. I lost about $100 out of my pocket for having to drive to Idaho, I could have mailed it but I didn't want to risk mailing him the title and then he stiffs me on my other half of money.

Tonkaman

For someone who knows more about these, it wouldn't already have a stator in it for a headlight tie-in would it? I'd need to buy a stator?

I could, and might, buy/cobble together a helmet mounted light, but you know, battery packing and all that. But a light that points where you look would be neato.
That stock stator won’t provide any extra juice for a light. Personally I’d just buy a cheap LED light bar, fab a bracket, and power it from an RC car battery or something similar.