Time to start again

hoosier

mtn yot
choc I was hoping you did not ask... I drove home at 80 miles per hour. No issues. everything went great. We did not get home till late due to going to the mall and some other stuff in orem. I left it on the burban and in the morning it had busted due t the wind... sadly i will not be able to use it.

hoosier

mtn yot
so I have been able to get a little work done. I have been doing mostly body work. I have been kinda keeping my color under wraps just so I can be sure it is what I really want. This weekend I am hoping to have it in primer and then next weekend have it jammed and painted.
IMAG0607.jpg

hoosier

mtn yot
So I have been talking to a member that knows what he is talking about. I am looking for some 56" springs to run up front. What shoud I run in the rear? I am going to run the shackle flip but I will need to find a set of stock springs for the rear. I am also looking for a set of disconnects for the front. any help would be great.

hoosier

mtn yot
So this year has been rough. Work over the winter was insane and now I have A LOT of family drama. The color I was going to go with was the gecko green with a tri-stage pearl over lay. BUT... after a lot of thought consideration why do a nice paint job just to beat it. So instead I will be running an aluminum silver with some kind of flat black accents. I have the gas tank done. I used an old cj5 tank and fitted it with the chevy sending unit. I WILL be getting it done this weekend. pics to come.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Is that JR's burb? I remember his having some funky rear spring hangers that would swing down to allow more flex. Though the last time I saw it I want to say it was in grey primer.

I don't think it's JR's. his said something like "straight up with a twist".

Good guy, is he still around?

hoosier

mtn yot
So tonight I got some more work done. I decided to totally strip the top due to the prior paint job being done wrong and rust started to form. I chemically striped it then I used a tool called a mud hog to clean up the left over. I also welded up all the holes left over from removing the roof rack. I got the rear heater lines routed. Bought the stuff to finish the install of the gas tank. Tomorrow the plan is to finish the prep work for the door jams, hood and cowl vent. If time permits I want to get all the jams painted tomorrow.

hoosier

mtn yot
So due to a soon change in career paths I have not been given a choice but to finish my burban this weekend. So we made a night of it and we will be hard at it tomorrow.CAM00047_zps54ee41e7.jpgCAM00046_zpsce22839d.jpg We got the roof done and ready for paint. I got the engine bay all masked up ready for paint. The kids were sanding away trying to get the entire body hit with 180. tomorrow we will beat it up again with 220 then 320. No need going any further with the paint I will be using. more tomorrow.

hoosier

mtn yot
So today we got the jams done. We came home to eat dinner and drop the kids off. Will be heading off to resand, track, and wipe then shoot the body. Pics to come

Last edited:

Bart

That is so cool to have the whole family out working on the project. It makes it all a better experience. Looking good.

hoosier

mtn yot
Man I really like how this thing turned out. I wish I would of remembered to finish tightening the return lines so I could of drove it all the way home. OOOppps. oh well. I wish I would have been more get to it so I could have finished the body work... oh well maybe I will finish it right one day.CAM00054_zps6f3c62d7.jpg