Tired of getting harrassed by cops

carsmell

Man I'm sick of getting pulled over for being too high too wide bull like that which I never get a ticket for but sure enough I get a $45.00 no seat belt ticket which I think is b.s. What are the limitations on height and width? Why do people who drive wheelers get harrassed so?:mad: Think I'm ready to sell my truck and buy a skate board to ride to work and when I want to go outdoors maybe just go for a hike that is if it does'nt bother any tree huggers.I'm thinking maybe Canada maybe freedom means something up there.Probably find some open roads to wheel on or be able to drive to work without getting pulled over for something stupid.I think seat belts are a great idea I just don't think it should be revinew for the police and I don't think (we the people) should be forced to wear them. I think I feel a little better Thanks:D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Funny you would say Canada... they actually have much stricter motor vehicle codes then we do here in Utah. I think the fact that a rig can legally have 37's is quite impressive really.

The lift law is simple to comply with...

Weight based height, look at your GVM and look up the law

Mud flaps: the top 50% of the tire must be covered when looking from the back.

Fender flares: the entire tire must be covered when looking from the top

Seatbelts: fight congress on that one...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Probably because you're not as intimidating to pull over as the low-riders with black glass and dinky tires that stick out further than most 4x4 tires.

:stiring-more-****-again:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
hahahh

Yeah, go to Canada, land of freedom. :rolleyes:

edit: actually, that would probably do the rest of us a favor. Obey the rules or expect to be harassed. Pretty simple.

O'neal

?????????
Just move up here to wyoming:rofl: I've never been bothered by driving around here and in no way would it pass in utah,esp for an inspection check....Up here they say as long as your rig is safe,in good mechanical condition it fly's...Trust me I've seen worse farm truck's than all of your modified rig's on this site driving around that should'nt be;)

4554x4

always modifing something
seatbelts

I dont always wear my belt, but had my son been wearing one he would still be alive. Belt usage is a small price to pay.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Just move up here to wyoming:rofl: I've never been bothered by driving around here and in no way would it pass in utah,esp for an inspection check....Up here they say as long as your rig is safe,in good mechanical condition it fly's...Trust me I've seen worse farm truck's than all of your modified rig's on this site driving around that should'nt be;)

That's for sure.... I love everything about Wyoming :D

wr250

insert lame comment
somehow the cops think your lifted truck is more of a hazard than a 60 ton scraper being driven with no plates,insurance,or even a triangle. thats just how it is i suppose. my truck complies, just barely, and i carry a copy of the inspection manual with me. (uhp trucks and cars do not comply either).

utahxjer

After seeing many accidents first hand (went to 4 today) I'm a firm believer in seat belts. So many times people would have head injuries but the belt keeps ya planted.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Steve, you big government loving pinko. Amurrica is about personal freedom! Choices man! None uh this namby pamby Big Brother BUHLONEY!

heheh

diablokicks

I drive a jeep, and with no doors or top/soft top it would be absolutely insane for me NOT to wear a seatbelt. However, i think they should amend the law, saying anyone Under 18 is required to wear the belt.... Anyone over who is stupid enough not to wear one, its their own perogative.... let natural selection take its place lol

I drive a jeep, and with no doors or top/soft top it would be absolutely insane for me NOT to wear a seatbelt. However, i think they should amend the law, saying anyone Under 18 is required to wear the belt.... Anyone over who is stupid enough not to wear one, its their own perogative.... let natural selection take its place lol

I would agree with this seatbelt quate. I think it is funny that you have to wear a seatbelt but you dont have to where a helmet on a motorcycle. I would rather take my chances in a car without a seatbelt then I would on a bike without a helmet.