Today I Want This....

The_Lobbster

The business it was parked at was closed or I would have enquired. There was a Carry and Sambra there too that actually looked to be work vehicles, so I'd imagine this has a future use as well.
There is a ton of these little vans kicking around Utah county now. Id love to pick one up but I’m 6’5” and pretty sure I wouldn’t fit.

The_Lobbster

I’m not a huge fan of the older GM engines, but this seems like a good deal. I’ve seen the LT series v8 swapped into Astros, so surely this wouldn’t be unpossible.

Edit: gotta be a scam, my brother sent me the same ad from 1,000 miles away. 😡
IMG_7964.jpeg

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
We wrecked a rental waverunner when I was maybe 13 or 14. Thats how we ended up buying one that now never gets used.

We got together with my dads family up at willard bay and base camped at the beach (which we never did.) Because there was going to be a whole mess of people my dad ended up renting 2 wave runners and I think my uncle had a couple as well. I was on one and my sisters friend (who lived with us for 4 years) was on another and it was time for us to go in and let someone else have a turn. She wasn't paying attention so I went over to where she was trying to tell her. She saw me and zipped towards me and turned at the last minute to spray me with water. She slid into the nose of mine and put a nice big hole in the side of hers. My dad bought it from the rental company and got it fixed. With my big family I'm sure my parents figured it wouldn't be a bad thing to have another toy to play with when we were all out together. We all took the PWC safety classes after that. I was bummed that we wrecked a smaller one that wasn't very fast. This was about the time that seadoos were blowing up with the real quick models.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I rented a camp trailer for 3 nights this last week and now it's going to be real hard to be back in my rtt this next week for another trip. The trailer wasn't what I would want to buy, it was a lot bigger than what we'd need and want, but it was so nice to have our own space.

It was especially nice to have it while the rain was coming down. I'm hoping to get down to Palisades next month with perhaps the trailer I'm interested in buying but we'll see if that works out.

Buying one isn't currently in the cards, but I want one.

Tonkaman

I rented a camp trailer for 3 nights this last week and now it's going to be real hard to be back in my rtt this next week for another trip. The trailer wasn't what I would want to buy, it was a lot bigger than what we'd need and want, but it was so nice to have our own space.

It was especially nice to have it while the rain was coming down. I'm hoping to get down to Palisades next month with perhaps the trailer I'm interested in buying but we'll see if that works out.

Buying one isn't currently in the cards, but I want one.
Maybe renting one as needed is the best option?

I’ve thought about doing it several times. How was your experience? Was it terribly inconvenient?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Maybe renting one as needed is the best option?

I’ve thought about doing it several times. How was your experience? Was it terribly inconvenient?
It wasn't horrible. I found the guy on ksl and he's got 4 or 5 rvs and 4 or 5 trailers. All seemed to be half ton towable.

Pick up time is 3 pm or for $50 you can pick up at noon. Drop off is 10 am or for $50 you can drop at noon. $75 flat fee if you don't damage anything and you drop off clean and drained which I did. He's in bluffdale right off bangerter. He provided the stabilizer hitch.

I agree that for sporatic use it might make sense to rent. If I had the option sitting in my driveway I think it'd help me go maybe more frequently. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have that thought. How many nights would make buying one worthwhile? I don't know but having it for the rain this last weekend made things super easy. We would have been pretty miserable for those hours had we been in any type of tent. I spent about $500 for 3 nights.

I have looked previously at the Airbnb type trailer rental sites and got turned off super quick by the misc fees. It seemed like they were at least doubling the price and were all required. This guy I used has the trailer I think I want to buy (it wasn't available for this trip) so I think I'll probably rent it to see if it's what I really do want.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
For $5,000, I feel like I am obligated to buy this tractor..

365553067_10168120784640375_810363097599104387_n.jpg

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I have looked previously at the Airbnb type trailer rental sites and got turned off super quick by the misc fees. It seemed like they were at least doubling the price and were all required.
And they're so precious about them. We tried to rent one for my sister a while back and had a hard time finding one that would let us just come pick it up. They all want to tow it for you to wherever you're going, and of course they all wanna charge extra for that...

Houndoc

I've never been a boat person. Water skiing, wakeboarding, surfing, etc. never really excited me. But I've always liked being on water and swimming in lakes.

The past couple summers I've been able to go out on a pontoon boat at Flaming Gorge, and that's my kinda boating! Basically a reverse swimming pool. Pull into a cove, weigh anchor and just hang out for the day. Perfect.

My wife and sister-in-law are pretty set on going in on one, so who knows, maybe I'll be rocking one of these soon:
View attachment 162027
Looked at those before buying our current boat a couple years ago. My wife still brings it up. Great for large groups!