Today I Want This....

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

1707970495248.png

This guys wants a set of all terrains on five spokes and a pair of big ole bug eye rallye lights. Nerf bars and a luggage rack would round it out nicely.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Just about the first thing I saw this morning was a something on pizza ovens. That got me back looking and scheming over them and I watched some stuff on the Gozney Dome and I WANT ONE. Obviously, this led to me needing some good pizza for lunch and I went to a new place I've not tried before called Mozz off 700 South and 545 West. Its kind of like a food court, I guess, but I had some awesome pizza and garlic bread. Now, in a partial food coma, I'm back to scheming on how to get one of these dang Gozney Domes so I can have crazy good pizza cooked at home.

(I want the dome specifically because you can use both wood and propane/natural gas. I happen to have a consistent supply of hard wood. You can also get a moisture injector ($35) for this oven to cook bread in. I had looked at pizza ovens in the past and despite being pretty slick, I wanted the ability to cook other things in the as well.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Just about the first thing I saw this morning was a something on pizza ovens. That got me back looking and scheming over them and I watched some stuff on the Gozney Dome and I WANT ONE. Obviously, this led to me needing some good pizza for lunch and I went to a new place I've not tried before called Mozz off 700 South and 545 West. Its kind of like a food court, I guess, but I had some awesome pizza and garlic bread. Now, in a partial food coma, I'm back to scheming on how to get one of these dang Gozney Domes so I can have crazy good pizza cooked at home.

(I want the dome specifically because you can use both wood and propane/natural gas. I happen to have a consistent supply of hard wood. You can also get a moisture injector ($35) for this oven to cook bread in. I had looked at pizza ovens in the past and despite being pretty slick, I wanted the ability to cook other things in the as well.
If I was going to spend $2000 on a pizza oven, I'm just going to build a brick one like @comingdown did. Will it be as efficient as a Goney, probably not. But I feel like it would be so much more satisfying!

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member

I have the Gozney Roccbox and like it. Obviously not in the same league as the dome but I think their products are nice.

and give me orgasms when I eat it.
Remind me to never eat with you... :rofl:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
#1 I never saw anything that said the wants here had to be realistic. Some of you guys dream about time travel portal axles on your buggies, I usually dream about food and cooking. I’m a big guy, what can I say?
If I was going to spend $2000 on a pizza oven, I'm just going to build a brick one like @comingdown did. Will it be as efficient as a Goney, probably not. But I feel like it would be so much more satisfying!
#2 Dude, I’ve gone there and watched that thread very carefully. I think since the door out my kitchen lands on a deck I’d be better off with a “portable” pizza oven. I’d love to have a outdoor kitchen and counter mount a grill and smoker and all that good stuff but I’m also lazy and it’d be nice to just walk out the back door and be right at an oven.

2k is a lot of money. I know. I saw they have their US office in park city so like any reasonable man, I emailed asking if they had any scratch and dents they’d sell locally. The email I got back was clear, “we don’t sell damaged merchandise.”

Apparently they are releasing a new model that like the Dome but is a little more compact and in the range of $600-900. Based on either 12” or 16” pizza capacity. It’s supposed to land next month some time. These are both propane only, so I can’t use my hardwood scraps with it.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
$2000 though? That better be some amazing pizza that comes out of there. It better wash dishes and give footrubs and do the taxes and give me orgasms when I eat it.
I think you’re supposed to give it an orgasm when you eat it. But for $2k I see your point.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

comingdown

#1 I never saw anything that said the wants here had to be realistic. Some of you guys dream about time travel portal axles on your buggies, I usually dream about food and cooking. I’m a big guy, what can I say?

#2 Dude, I’ve gone there and watched that thread very carefully. I think since the door out my kitchen lands on a deck I’d be better off with a “portable” pizza oven. I’d love to have a outdoor kitchen and counter mount a grill and smoker and all that good stuff but I’m also lazy and it’d be nice to just walk out the back door and be right at an oven.

2k is a lot of money. I know. I saw they have their US office in park city so like any reasonable man, I emailed asking if they had any scratch and dents they’d sell locally. The email I got back was clear, “we don’t sell damaged merchandise.”

Apparently they are releasing a new model that like the Dome but is a little more compact and in the range of $600-900. Based on either 12” or 16” pizza capacity. It’s supposed to land next month some time. These are both propane only, so I can’t use my hardwood scraps with it.
After seeing pizza ovens in people’s kitchens in parade of homes houses I think it’d be cool to do one attached to
Your house so you don’t even have to go outside.