top gear on the history channel.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
I love the british top gear.

But i like the new one. in terms of them having a look at the american car's....or trucks :D

there really weird...it seems like they don't know if they should copy the british or do there own thing or be really stupid, (if you had little over 40 grand what would you buy? a actual judge. oh the gto? no a real judge):confused:
and im sick of seeing these awesome car's driving around in the desert. it was fine with the raptor...but ya.

ill watch it when i can't sleep.

anyone else think they will have a challenge between them and the british top gear?

Brett

Meat-Hippy
I love the british top gear.

But i like the new one. in terms of them having a look at the american car's....or trucks :D

there really weird...it seems like they don't know if they should copy the british or do there own thing or be really stupid, (if you had little over 40 grand what would you buy? a actual judge. oh the gto? no a real judge):confused:
and im sick of seeing these awesome car's driving around in the desert. it was fine with the raptor...but ya.

ill watch it when i can't sleep.

anyone else think they will have a challenge between them and the british top gear?

I would guess that the Americans would be destroyed by the Brits......Clarkson would take no prisoners.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
i have to say, bashing the caddy through moonshine challenge was pretty damn funny.

[YOUTUBE]/v/sQY12HTOQqU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
This week was pretty good with the Fiero,Cutlass and Roadmaster wagon

Except it was all an exact copy of an episode they did on actual top gear, with different cars and in a different country. Eggs in the colander, parking brake on a hill, car filled with water... Come on, do something we haven't seen yet!

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Except it was all an exact copy of an episode they did on actual top gear, with different cars and in a different country. Eggs in the colander, parking brake on a hill, car filled with water... Come on, do something we haven't seen yet!

They're not original enough to try and do something new....:sick:

krany

kranberry
its the one where they are in Alaska isn't it? ive herd from allot of people/vendors on facbook that it puts a bad name to the offroad community, dunno, haven't watched it yet.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Watching it now, not keeping my attention off the computer. I mean they took what could have been a pretty legit test and made a mockery of it with their stupid bed construction.

They definitely ham it up for TV and do some things that are unsafe and lack some Tread Lightly principles. This isn't the first episode in which their land use impact has been questioned.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's an Alaska thing.

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?t=76972

Definitely could be, similar to desert racing in Baja or driving the Slickrock in Moab. But keep in mind when you show either of those to the masses they assume reckless behavior. People complain about the black 'tire tracks' on the slickrock in Moab, not realizing just how fast it washes away at the whims of mother nature. The show was more that just getting stuck in a spring bog or playing in some muddy ruts, it was bypassing the trail for giggles.

I do appreciate the fact they brought a long a Toyota to shuttle the DNF's around :D

Jesser04

Definitely could be, similar to desert racing in Baja or driving the Slickrock in Moab. But keep in mind when you show either of those to the masses they assume reckless behavior. People complain about the black 'tire tracks' on the slickrock in Moab, not realizing just how fast it washes away at the whims of mother nature. The show was more that just getting stuck in a spring bog or playing in some muddy ruts, it was bypassing the trail for giggles.

I do appreciate the fact they brought a long a Toyota to shuttle the DNF's around :D

I'm not saying I'm down with driving some 70's chevy shitbox stepside into a glacier lake just to touch an iceberg. I'm also not down with any of the wheeling they are doing in the third post on that thread I posted. But I think people in Alaska just do stuff differently than we do. I guess because there is so much wild left? Those things aside the episode was enjoyable for me.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I enjoyed it altho they are complete idiots and really have no business hosting the show.

I do agree that it wasnt the most "tread lightly" worthy episode but Ive seen as bad or worse on Xtreme 4x4 and Trucks.

Doesnt help the cause at all but I dont think it hurts that bad.....especially since I think everyone that watches the show thinks they are idiots.

Pretty sad that they ditch a vehicle and call it dead over a 30 year old broken U joint tho.

my brother in law said his old ford high boy could have been UN-stoppable a true off-roader would have the parts to fix that simple broken u joint.. my bro in law also carried a spare driveline in his toolbox with u joints...
when they "modified" their trucks for night use it was a joke! the idea of a "log cabin" in a bed of a truck is lame.. at least when the cabin fell out of the bed and the chevy crushed it at least they picked up the left over wood. so far i like the show more then i thought i would.. it sucks watching and thinking i swear i saw this before... oh wait i have on the real top gear.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i thought the truck episode was hilarious. my bro-in-law and i caught it flipping through the channels. it had us both cracking up quite a bit. i didn't care that they had crappy trucks and dumb camping designs... that made it more funny for me. the mini log cabin was awesome. then again i'm also not a die-hard top gear fan cause i have never cared about super cars and whatnot. there are some awesome episodes for sure but the only one that had me laughing like this one was the deep south rent-a-car challenge :rofl:

sure the redneck off the trail wheeling wasn't ideal but that's tv for ya