Trail Recipies

81Ramchargerman

Burl Swift said:
I'm pretty cheap when it comes to camp cooking, but one thing that I absolutely love is my onion and potato wrap.

Take a purple onion and cut in in half. Peel and take a couple of layers and place them close together on an aluminum foil sheet, curve side down so that you sort of make a bowl. Take a couple of pink potatoes and cube them up. Fill the onion bowls with potatoes, cover with a big glob of butter and salt and pepper. Wrap up with more aluminum foil to create a ball shape. Throw on the BBQ and forget about it. Have a beer or two (or three, some people drink more in 30 minutes than others). Come back and flip it over so that the butter runs back through the onion and potato. Drink a beer. Come back and flip it back over so that the butter settles back into the onion. Drink another beer.

Open and eat.

edit - You can probably make 2 or 3 of the balls with one big onion and 4 or 5 pink potatoes.

That would be waayy good for camping, thanks for the recipe, i'll be sure to give that one a try.

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
Before Fat City in Moab closed I used to order 2 smoked yams at dinner, eat one then manifold the other the next day.......mmmmmm!! Little Smokies in BBQ sauce is another manifold delicacy I enjoy.

TexasTJ

Lift Laws Suck...
Brunton Stoves

I went to NRA convention, dang it was huge... met the new President of the NRA, shook his hand all that good junk... But, brunton had a booth set up and they got this lil' stove that runs off of butane, called the RAPTOR. Seriously it folds up and you can fit it in the palm of your hand. I picked it up and got this lil' lantern they make also... Haven't cooked anything on it yet, but can't wait to see how it does... Hopefully it'll beat the manifold of my Jeep...