South-East Utah Trying to decide what trails to choose for winter on the rocks

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Yes these are public lands but when a large group I think its something like 15 rigs or more, BLM requires permits. For those Permits there is a charge per vehicle and I think maybe even per person. Hence the fees. There is also the cost of the fairgrounds, catering company ect. I don't think its such a bad deal compared to other events and it does go to good use. $80 for two days VS EJS I believe is $60 per day. All they give you is a dashboard plate and pennet flag. I do see peoples frustrations especially those that it was out of there control but I see the good behind it also.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I think the frustration comes from such little notice, in the past you show up register and go wheel and no with very little notice they change it up.

capt scotty

If you dont want to pay. go another weekend, don't expect vendors giving stuff away, don't "crash the Party" it is a paid event. if you get hurt don't call the ambulance they are required to secure. If you want to just go wheel with your Buds just go wheel with your Buds somewhere else!. but don t bitch and moan because you missed the rules. your misiing out on a $3.00 shirt a bfast burrito and some chilli. Bitchers are the reason clubs get tired of trying to set up EVENTs. Out with your BUDS is different!

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Jinx, mind if I offer up a seat to my niece or Bro-in-law for one of the days? Most of my family is down there with Dad, might do them some good to get out for a few hours.

Not sure how I missed this but we will have seats. :) I just talked Clay into coming as well so we should plenty of extra room.

Last edited:

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Side note: On this whole registration bullshi!t. I thought my wife had signed us up and she thought I had did it, and looking at this reminded me to ask her and guess what, "it didn't happen"

But it is not going stop me for showing up and helping out people who are busting their butts to put on one hell of a event. Del and crew are AWESOME people if I can't figure out how sign up in time to meet the deadlines they need to make things happen, I am not going to let them feel the inconveince for my mistake.

Del if you are reading this, thanks for what you and your family do.

See you in about 11 hours. :)

Last edited:

kungfufighter06

out of my way bitches!
Lol, if any of you have seen the shirt you wouldn't get mad your not getting one. Don't get me wrong, I love an 86 blazer :rolleyes: Just not my choice for the flagship for a major rock crawling event.

Rock Taco

View attachment 87632View attachment 87633View attachment 87634View attachment 87635 Here you are Steve. Thanks kmboren, the maze and sliplock is the two I am leaning toward.

I think you live a couple of houses down the street from me in Sandy.

I've done West rim, the maze, john's, Milt's, Sliplock, Smurfette's, double Sammy and nasty half. I'd really like to do chain reaction and plan b

Edit: I also have GPX files of all of the above besides double Sammy and plan b if anyone wants me to email them. I use the motion x gps app on my iphone and I've really enjoyed it. People that have never been down there before have no idea how confusing the trails can be. Having someone show you the way is seriously priceless

Pm sent with my email address. I havent been down and am not going this year but would like them for future use. :D