Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moab --> southwest part of La Sal Mtns

• Other: explain

• Total voters

notajeep

Just me
Is anyone planning on bringing their wife or kids? Dan, I assume your wife and daughter are coming. My wife would love some female company. It's going to be FREEZING at night (and probably during the day too). I can't wait, I'm getting really excited about this trip. :D

Also, I forsee plenty of opportunities to get some shooting in if anyone's in to that sort of thing.

It will be just me this trip.

DAA

Dave, got any recommended stops/hikes along the way?

Oh, Man... Your whole Sunday route is littered with awesome short hikes all along it. Seriously - this spring on a solo jaunt I spent three days and did about 10 short hikes, covering just a portion of the great hikes on just a portion of that route.

Too many great ones to choose from there. But Moon House would probably the "the one" I'd do if I had to pick just one though. I didn't look at the maps in close, but it did look like you are planning on taking the Snow Flat road from Comb Wash up onto Cedar Mesa, the Moon House trail head is right off that road.

I'll take a closer look at the maps and shoot you a PM later.

- DAA

sixstringsteve

Sunday is a very flexible plan. I'm hoping to actually make up some lost ground on saturday and camp closer to comb ridge so we can spend more time there.

jentzschman

Picked up a few items today: Got a sleeping bag liner and my gas jug.

I have also been thinking about getting a Yeti cooler..... Not sure thought yet.

sixstringsteve

I'm on the fence about the yeti cooler too. I hear the pelican coolers blow them out of the water, but I'd like to find one in person before I drop that kind of coin. My el-cheapo cooler will be just fine for this trip, especially since we hit a gas station each day and can refil our ice.

jentzschman

Scheels has the Yeti, so I have checked it out. Looks pretty sweet to me. The pelican appears to be the same price for the 45q size, which is 300.

So IDK, I may buy one for this trip. It would be nice to have a nice rugged cooler....:rolleyes:

FatTony

i am in Pleasant Grove so i can met anywhere north of there. I have work Tuesday tell 5 but i bet that i can leave early

jentzschman

Ok, If I can not get off work early, I will drive up Tuesday night most likely and try to catch you guys asap at the camp spot, hopefully, and not too late.

I will keep you posted.

sixstringsteve

My wife and I have decided to extend this to Monday as well so we can explore the COMB ridge area a bit more in depth. Sorry for the late notice. Anyone is welcome to stay 'till Monday with us.