Upper & Lower Helldorado.... Closed???

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
I have two things on my mind at this point.

First, if a road has been open for ten years with continuous access then by law it must remain open. This isn't part of RS2477, it's state law. It may or may not apply here.

Second: In theory it could be possible to buy land to preserve four wheeling. But I don't think it will ever happen. Not to be so negative, but you'll never get people to cough up dough to buy land, at least not in this state. Four wheelers are too selfish. If you can prove me wrong I will gladly eat my words.

EZ

PS. how do you know it was purchased by an enviro nazi?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
74cruzah said:
Heard a bad rumor that some enviro lady bought the land or the access to it and closed it down or at least blocked access.

I was afraid that was the case....

The Enviro Nazi's have totally stepped up their tactics with this move, it's time the Offroad & ATV community did the same. We need to be alot more proactive in keeping the Trails we have, maintaining current trails & not abusing them.

This really sucks.... :(

I had heard the Proving Grounds were under observation for closure, looks like it's happening too.

Moab Beauty

Who said that?
I think that this really SUCKS!!!! When was it bought? And by WHOM? I would really like to hurt that person, but since I am so nice I wont! I am going to cry, because those trails where a couple of the best trails. What are we suppose to do now? :confused: Is there any way of finding out who bought this land? And like pusposed before, see if there is any way we can do like what is going on with Prichette? :(

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
5DollerShake said:
She owns Upper TO? IS THERE ANY HOPE!!

Sure there is...

1. Are you a member of U4WDA? BRC? or USA-ALL?

2. When was the last time you sent a letter to your State? County? BLM? USFS?

3. When was the last time you showed up to a trail cleanup? got a group of freinds together to host a trail cleanup?

If you answered "no" or "never" to the above posts... then THERE IS NO HOPE!!

BTW The simple 1-3 test goes for all of you slackers ;)

[/endguilttrip]

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
gtidrivr said:

Ouch what? Sometime the truth is a wake-up slap... I know we all got one when we saw how quickly two awesome trails could be closed....

And I happen to know you pass requirement #3... so for now you are OK;)

Moab Beauty

Who said that?
For this one cruiser YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Now I know that I haven't been able to come to some clean ups but I am all of the rest. I just want to know why someone could be so bad to us, when we are trying to help also.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
gtidrivr said:
Kurt that was on "ouch" for alot of people on here I would be willing to bet. I know i dont pass #1 :(

Well then they dfeserve it...

You may not pass number one, but I know you went above and beyond helping get that Rodeo out...

Quick Math:

If every 4x4 enthusiast did JUST one of those items I mentioned... OUR CAUSE WE BE UNSTOPABLE... problem is the fact that some never give, just take.... :(

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
I fail those because i don't really know a whole lot of people on the 4x4 scene and i'm relatively new to driving offroad myself being 17 , although i've been building rigs for as long as i can remember.

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
Here is an interesting post by Moab Austin (Moab local) from the Pirate board:

Moab Austin said:
THE BLM closed those bypasses, we are the ones that ignored them.
they spray painted with fawking SPRAY paint on teh rocks..talk about defacing public property.

those as with the helldorado's are legal public easments on public or TO public land and cannot be closed.

if anyone goes to helldorado and the signs are still up call the san juan county sheriff and wait for him.. he will promptly come and take the signs down.

the number is (435) 587 2377

I'm not saying he is right or wrong, just letting people know what is being said.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Floppy Hat said:

I'm not saying he is right or wrong, just letting people know what is being said.
I got this...
ENCUMBRANCES

Mineral Leases: Mineral Lease No. 48121 for oil, gas & hydrocarbon, issued to Cabot Oil & Gas. This lease will be reserved to the Trust Lands Administration.

Right of Way/Easements: None

Other: Grazing Permit No. 23068, issued to La Sal Livestock Company. The subject property will be deleted from the permit upon sale.
From this page about the sale of the property

http://www.utahtrustlands.com/surface/land_sales/ls_sale_details.asp?id=81

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P

peel

Hickey said:
I got this...
From this page about the sale of the property

http://www.utahtrustlands.com/surface/land_sales/ls_sale_details.asp?id=81

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well maby you young kids could put some money together and
buy some land and keep it for offroading,
Oh wait that was tried here once and you all said NO
wait till there is nothing left then you will be thinking diffrent.
Dont fight it, work with it there is always a loop hole..

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Floppy Hat said:

Very interesting. I hope we can get some more solid information on this. I've wheeled with Austin last October, very cool guy. Hopefully he'll chime in on this board and let us know what's up.