UROC St George.....Sat pics

redrock

hey stuiped question but when they blow **** up like that do sponsors help pay for that or they do just wondering what goes on

Last edited by a moderator:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by EZRhino
... two of their friends got run over by a competitor's vehicle when the throttle stuck and it went off the course. ...

Has anyone heard if Carls freinds were OK? I was up on the upper obstacles when this happened and had no clue who it was, I had heard it was a child that got hit? Best of wishes to anyone invloved.:(

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by redrock
hey stuiped question but when they blow **** up like that do sponsors help pay for that or they do just wondering what goes on

OK........

I assume your asking who pays for all the damage on these rigs. Really all the damage that occurs is pretty minor, axle shafts, drivelines and such. In fact most of the competitors are back in the game within a half-hour. Tracy Evans (1/4 Eliptic) broke a pinion shaft on an obstacle. He was winched off his side and then moved to a flat spot near the obstacle. From there, his team of highly trained technicians swapped the Third-member and had him on the next obstacle.

As for Team Rocklogic4x4's break, theirs couldn't easily be fixed but Carl was confident that he could fix it back in town. In fact a freind of theirs had an Engineer with them that was able to diagnose the problem, turns out it had nothing to do with the rebuild, just a matter of support. Carl and Von will add another crossmembe to the system and have one tough buggy operational again.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Originally posted by redrock
hey stuiped ?

So e-z or Kurt did the actual competetors get run over or there buggie? What extent was the damage? Sounds like they need a kill box like monster trucks :)

Hey pumpkinbronc ... thanx alot for the pix. Send more if there there. If I find more links I'll post em here

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by Skyetone
...So e-z or Kurt did the actual competetors get run over or there buggie? What extent was the damage?..

I was up on the upper obstacles when the judge told everyone to stop action and shut off the rigs, there had been an injury. I could see some comotion happening down below but everyone I asked had no clue what had happened, all I had gathered is that the throttle had stuck open on a rig and someone was injured. I never even saw an ambulance? Not sure if one came up there or not but where I was standing it was difficult to see down below. Scary....:(

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
It was Tyler Scatterfield on obsticle #7, The Wrecker. His throttle did get stuck. That's what I read on Off-Road.com.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
That pic has nothing to do with the accident, just thought I'd put it up to show a pic from Sat.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by SAMI
That pic has nothing to do with the accident, just thought I'd put it up to show a pic from Sat.

I was gonna say... I was there when that pic occured and I had no clue someone got injured there.....:confused: Anyaws... hope all turns out well...

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
{SATURDAY 1042 HOURS -- Regarding the accident we reported on earlier, two female spectators were transported to a local hospital by Dixie Ambulance Paramedic Rescue. UROC officials report they are "okay" with only minor injuries.
}

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
guess I'm reading it ass-bacwards
SATURDAY 0925 HOURS -- A spectator-involved accident on the course has closed down competition. Tyler Satterfield, traversing Obstacle No. 7, The Wrecker, had his throttle stick wide open, causing his rig to lunge into the nearby crowd. According to UROC officials, all those requiring immediate medical attention have been transported to an area hospital.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

I was gonna say... I was there when that pic occured and I had no clue someone got injured there.....:confused: Anyaws... hope all turns out well...

I just thought that it would add suspense! Who is this in this picture? Does anyone know if he lives in Salt Lake?

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
That jeep looks awfully familiar to me. Just wonderin if he lives in Salt Lake, cause then it would most likely be the same guy.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Skye - redrock basically said "Hey, stupid question." You need to chill out man... ;)

BTW - Great pics! Got any more?! :D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Everyone Chill out NOW!!!

and look at these pictures, I swear the collective I.Q. of this board just plummets at times!!!

quarterelliptic.jpg

I was nothing but impressed with 1/4 Elliptics performance on many of these obstacles, he crawled this one in particular and made it look EASY!!!

pateymobileroll.jpg

The quadrapalegic guy in the Patey Jeep was the crowd favorite for sure. He was not afraid to go rubber up and it almost seemed like it was the preferred position in front of such a huge crowd. The best part of the day was when his buddy got up there and told the ladies to go give him a kiss because he didn't get any action for valentines day.....They called it the "Kiss the Quad" game. I think they got free UROC hoodies or something......then when he rolled again he screamed out "I can't Feel my LEGS!!!" and everyone was frickin dieing with laughter!!! that guy rocked, and the rig was solid as a rock too!!

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Just a word of advise, if I may,,

Reread your post before you hit "Submit Reply" make sure that it makes sence. :) Then you don't get trashed on.:cool:

Brawler

His name is Mike Bailey. His son Troy is his spotter. Lives here in Cedar city. About Two miles from three peaks. He recently dropped a lot of weight off the jeep. He competes in the RRCA or ARCA whatever it is now. And he was at Supercrawl.

Originally posted by SAMI

I just thought that it would add suspense! Who is this in this picture? Does anyone know if he lives in Salt Lake?