Vasectomy, the big V, the Snip. etc...

KWight

I got mine done at the Urgent Care Clinic in Moab just before my youngest daughter was born 6 years ago. I slept the rest of the afternoon away then went out 4 wheeling the next day. It was the first time my wife ever supported me going 4wheeling so strongly. I don't believe that doctor works there anymore, so cannot help you out there. The wait was much shorter there than it was here in Grand Junction.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I don't see a 21.4.* section anywhere in the current handbook. I'm not saying it's not there, I just don't have access to it.

"21.4 Policies on Moral Issues" Anyone should have access to it, lots of stuff in this section. I would guess most Bishops could quote the section word for word, I thought about having it framed and hanging it in the kids bathroom.:D

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Put me in the "for" column. Mine was pretty painless, burnt flesh smell but not much pain.
The wife thought this whole procedure was really funny for some reason. When the doctor was done, he told me to bring a sample in x number of weeks after to be tested for sperms count, wife started to snicker again, so I asked if the count would be tainted if the sample contained her saliva. She quit laughing.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I posted a thread about my vasectomy on Pirate. Complete, with pics.

Aftercare advice. Buy a few pair of tighty-whiteys that are 1 or 2 sizes too small. After donning said apparel, support with 25% of 1 roll of duct tape. Do not bounce, not once, for at least 5 days.
Prepare yourself to see the largest, blackest bruise you have ever seen. It's alarming, considering the location.

It really was a simple procedure. I paid $750 for mine 8 years ago. Just asked at my local instacare/clinic.

blznnp

I have two brother that have had it done, actually I think three of my brothers have had it done. no side effects for them. They just took it easy for a couple days and then back to normal. I would have signed up for it already if we knew we were done or not. Still trying to decide on that one, mostly my wife. 4 kids but all boys, we really want a girl. As for the church aspect of it, never heard anyone care about it really, known a few people in church that have had it done. I know I have never gotten asked about it to decide if I am living the way I am suppose to. I always tell my wife that one day i will come home and tell her that I made my mind up and got a snip snip done, and then she just gets mad at me.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I would never get surgery to do what a condom does with easier clean up.
There are alternatives to the surgery these days. An injection of a gel that solidifies blocks the little bastards without cutting. If life circumstances change, another injection breaks up the gel and you're back in the fight.

Utah Bureau of Awesomeness Department.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I'm getting pretty serious about getting this done.. except I am a sissy. Every time I build up confidence, I talk to someone who had a bad experience. As I have gotten older, I don't handle pain well.. to the point of passing out.
How much pain are we talking about for the needles being poked into the sack??

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Going to wait until January to get onto next years deductible. Wife has a few things she wants to go in for, and in thinking some sleep apnea help for me might be nice.. So I am sure we will use our deductible by February.

Google vasectomy gone wrong.. That'll scar you for life.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
It was the best decision I've ever done as I don't want miniature versions of me running around...you should all be thanking me! I went to dinner with friends a couple hours after. Sore for a couple days. No decrease in performance...quite the opposite actually!

joshbmx1201

UAV MECHANIC
did mine about 4 years ago. well worth it and would do it again in a heartbeat. just listen to the dr. dont do anything for a few days. most guys feel fine the next day, strain themselves and thats where most peoples complications start.

Trate D

Just had this done this morning. Basically a pain free procedure. So far so good, I am planning on taking everyone's advice on just chill and ice for a few days. I'll post up how recovery was.

Trate D

I went to grandview family medicine (Provo hill on state street). The procedure was done by Doctor Robinson. He was great, laid back, and very thorough with explanations and addressing any concerns. Both my brother in-laws also went to him and both had great experiences.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I am 31. If it's time it's time, but me and my wife were on board with my decision.

My wife's hold back is the guy/girl ratio in the house. I have a 2 year old and twins due any day, and they are all boys. She wants to try again for a girl already, I am not up for the challenge.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
My wife's hold back is the guy/girl ratio in the house. I have a 2 year old and twins due any day, and they are all boys. She wants to try again for a girl already, I am not up for the challenge.

Dibs on the FJ when you have to start selling assets to pay for all these kids