Vasectomy, the big V, the Snip. etc...

Troop92

I think any church objection would come more for having a procedure early on in someone's life, as a form of permanent birth control to never have children.

Besides, who's going to know or care apart from you, your wife, and God? If you're good with it, and your wife is on board, why not? Not like it would often come up in conversation, or is a question precluding you from church ordinances.

Last edited:

ozzy702

I think any church objection would come more for having a procedure early on in someone's life, as a form of permanent birth control to never have children.

Besides, who's going to know or care apart from you, your wife, and God? If you're good with it, and your wife is on board, why not? Not like it would often come up in conversation, or is a question precluding you from church ordinances.

^ This. Interested as well since #3 comes in June and we have already had two in under 2 years...

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I have 4 kids. the wife got tied up during the last c-section. we are LDS and are done with having more children. We love all 4 but if I had anymore it would kill me. I refuse to drive a minivan. I've thought about getting a big V done, as extra insurance. God has a funny sense of humor.

ricsrx

My wife Theresa called the Doc and made my appointmet for me 2 weeks after Hunter was born.......
When dirt bikd riding at the dunes the next weekend, i am sure that exstended my soreness out for 2 months.......

a buddy of mine said his only regret was not getting done 3 years earlier....

rholbrook

I got it done maybe 10 years ago. They gave me a vallium and said take it 30 min prior. The shot in the nut hurt for a second, got home and put a bag of peas on my BVDs for a couple of days and took it easy like the Doc said. My neighbor, didnt take it easy and he swelled up like a balloon. I have most of the tools in my gargage if you would rather just come over here and I'll take a shot at it. Go get it done and don't look back.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I went to I Lean's guy. He didn't have a mustache at the time.

Talk about an awkward experience. Pain was manageable.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Fair warning I had mine done a year ago. Check to see if they us the now common CO2 method like my dr. did. If they do here's what to expect: Imagine pumping up your red rider bb gun as high as it will go---being just barely able to get that one last pump. Aim bb gun at said part of manhood. Pull trigger... WWHHAAACCKKKK!! I literally flew two feet off the hospital bed letting out a yelp like a kicked puppy. The other side was worse because I was expecting it.. I'm not kidding it was probably the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I couldn't walk for a few days. The valium did nothing.. Just taking a leak was nothing but pain.

Then there's people that tell me "oh it's not that bad I went snowmobiling the next day.." :rolleyes: (those are the people that didn't have the CO2 method.)

Was it worth it? Yep.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I had it done in St. George. Sting at first then nothing. Surgical Clips and section removed. Took it easy for a week and I was fine. Make sure your pipes are clear or you may have that 9 month surprise. The Dr Said it could take up to 6 months before those little guys die but most die after 2 months.

gertsch

I had mine done done over two years ago. When my boy decided to sneak in on us a fee months after my daughter was born. So I got a v before he was born. Three months after I got it done I had a sperm count done. Which came up zero. I was 26 when I got it done. Taking a Valium gave me a false hope of it not being a big deal. After the procedure. My doctor said the shot would be like a bee sting. (Bull crap). The smell of burning flesh was entertaining. I work a jock strap for a week cause I had this feeling like my balls were hanging to me knees. But after that week I was good to go. My wife and I highly recommend it. Best $20 co pay I've ever made.