Vehicle First Aid Kits?

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
What do you guys carry in your rigs? My EMT Basic Cert just came in the mail and it got me thinking that i dont have a First Aid Kit in my Jeep :confused:

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I stole the one from my house. I need to put it back in my house. I need to search one out since I use it way too much.

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
x2 for making your own. Take a look at what kits have the level of first aid that you're looking for, then custom build a similar one for yourself/family. That way you aren't carrying around stuff you'll never use or don't know how to use, and you are doubled up on stuff you know you'll use alot of. Then you can also choose a good bag or case that fits for what you want as well.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'll have to go look at mine. Its made by a team that actually runs a couple of Baja race rigs. They built them to contain the common needs of an off-roader and the bag attaches to a roll bar with a study velcro loop. I've been happy with the fact I'm yet to need it :D

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I bought a pretty all inclusive one at Sam's Club. As I use things, I just replace them. I've only used it a few times. I just gotta keep the wife out of it, because she will use basic crap out of it that really doesn't need to be used at the time. I'm just afraid she's going to milk it dry, and then when we need it, IT won't be there.

Anything you build will better than what you had before.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I just gotta keep the wife out of it, because she will use basic crap out of it that really doesn't need to be used at the time.

That's why I like our setup. We have everything from band aids to claritin, and we actually use it and know what's in there. And because we made it, when we use stuff we know what we have to replace it with, most of which we have at the house. When we go out camping, we throw it in the truck, when we go wheeling, we throw it in the jeep. We bought a small ammo box, and put all the basics for us and the dogs in there. Over memorial we realized we need something for bleeding dog quick. The slick rock can be brutal on their nails and pads.

Houndoc

I carry a pretty bulky kit, since it doubles as my emergency/house call kit for work. Would allow me to do anything from I.V. fluids, to laceration repair, minor surgery (animals of course.)

However, it is big enough it would be tough to haul in a Wrangler or smaller wheeler.

ammo_bru

First Aid Kit:
Super Glue
Paper Towels
Duct Tape
A good Knife
Something to make a tourniquet out of (for around Joel’s neck)
A bottle of Jack for cleaning (from the inside out) or killing the pain

Tool Kit:
Duct Tape (if it moves and shouldn’t)
WD-40 (if it should move and don’t)
BFH (if it’s broke and you don’t care anymore)

I got a first aid kit from my daughter's school a few years ago, and it is pretty complete. There are a few things that should be added but it works.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
First Aid Kit:
Super Glue
Paper Towels
Duct Tape
A good Knife
Something to make a tourniquet out of (for around Joel’s neck)
A bottle of Jack for cleaning (from the inside out) or killing the pain

Tool Kit:
Duct Tape (if it moves and shouldn’t)
WD-40 (if it should move and don’t)
BFH (if it’s broke and you don’t care anymore)

I got a first aid kit from my daughter's school a few years ago, and it is pretty complete. There are a few things that should be added but it works.

Super glue is a must! Works most excellent on cuts that just won't stop bleeding.

CJ Matt

I always have a first aid kit and extinguisher. I am going to the Dakota Territories Challenge tomorrow and both are requirements and I have to go through a tech inspection.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I carry a pretty bulky kit, since it doubles as my emergency/house call kit for work. Would allow me to do anything from I.V. fluids, to laceration repair, minor surgery (animals of course.)

However, it is big enough it would be tough to haul in a Wrangler or smaller wheeler.

You carry Lidocaine and stitch needles? My dad carries them and we have needed them before. I need to find away to get some in my kit, for animals of course.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
You may need it if you keep letting me run trails with you!

Well then you'll be glad to know I'm taking a Wilderness First aid class this coming month :cool: Focusing on the type of injuries we are likely to encounter in the outdoors :D

I took an abbreviated military field trauma class, we skipped over sections like providing aide under enemy fire and such :greg: It was a great refresher in the 'patch' method of getting someone stabilized and out to proper treatment.