Vehicles that can carry 3 car seats and gear?

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Congrats! We just had kid number four and were looking to upgrade from our 80 series to a sequoia or 100 series. I love my 1st gen Tundra, so sequoia was high on the list. We ended up getting a sienna, and it was our best car purchase ever. So perfect for hauling kids! I just hide in the back seat and make the wife drive so nobody sees me in it. But its great for daily use. For camping trips I still have the 80 and a camping trailer or roof rack for gear. Good solution for us.

Way to ring in the new year with some twins!

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Congrats! We just had kid number four and were looking to upgrade from our 80 series to a sequoia or 100 series. I love my 1st gen Tundra, so sequoia was high on the list. We ended up getting a sienna, and it was our best car purchase ever. So perfect for hauling kids! I just hide in the back seat and make the wife drive so nobody sees me in it. But its great for daily use. For camping trips I still have the 80 and a camping trailer or roof rack for gear. Good solution for us.

Way to ring in the new year with some twins!

I liked the Sienna when I had kids that couldn't buckle themselves in, it's a lot easier to get in the back than a Sequoia or 100 series, the sienna had a power door on the side which was great when the kids got a little older and just needed help with the door.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I liked the Sienna when I had kids that couldn't buckle themselves in, it's a lot easier to get in the back than a Sequoia or 100 series, the sienna had a power door on the side which was great when the kids got a little older and just needed help with the door.

I was opposed to a minivan for years. I kept telling my wife minivans are the sweatpants of the car industry: comfortable, economical, functional....but not sexy seeing you wife in them. I say haters should rent one for a road trip and see how awesome they are. I got the AWD model, so its like an offroad vehicle, right?

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
CONGRATS. Did you figure out a vehicle solution?

I ended up keeping my 4runner and buying 3 new narrow car seats. I am thinking it is a band aid fix for now, and will see how things go. Storage room is already apparent issue just getting all the seats in the car and hospital bags for my wife and I, there wasnt much room for anything else. I am thinking a tundra or a sequoia are in the near future, or some type of tow behind trailer.

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

Our twins are due in March and although our Sidekick is a tight fit we have been looking but just got a notice today that our emissions is due and with it burning so much oil I am not sure it will pass this month, eek. Guess a new car will come before paying off our invitro completely.