Archived Was EJS less crowded?

Bart

The only problems I had with Johny law were when I sped everywhere in town with the tow rig, ran stop signs like I was at home, drove around with part time trailer lights, drove around while txting/interneting and had a straight piped Cummins on the main drag.... yup the bastards didn't bother me at all. Then when I came hauling ass past a UHP trooper in Dan's buggy on the highway between PSH and the end of Hell's....... the bastard had the nerve to wave back at me when I waved at him.

You are such a law breaker.

BOB-CAT

THE PUNISHER
The Motel owner was in the RR4wd group and his Jeep had 35's and no mud flaps because he was running trails at the time ( He was also worried about receiving a ticket). He was receiving complaints about the profiling of rigs with aftermarket suspension and larger then stock tires in order to see if they had other infractions inside the vehicle. He did have vacancy's at his hotel for the first time. This was his business. I stayed had his motel because he was a enthusiast in the 4X4 community.

I have never seen this kind off profiling when I have went to Moab before that is why I asked if this was a common.
We had a good time and I went on a RR4wd trail (cliff hanger). I will post up the picture of the Jeep on the flag. Kind of funny. I did not see a place to park a trailer on the road or at the trail head.

You all should be alarmed by this kind of profiling at any time. We could be ticketed for some infraction depending on how much pressure is on the department to pay for the resources required for this kind of event.

I plan on supporting business owners in Moab and will return, but not during the EJS. This place is special for the trails and the people keeping them open.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Then when I came hauling ass past a UHP trooper in Dan's buggy on the highway between PSH and the end of Hell's....... the bastard had the nerve to wave back at me when I waved at him.

That's not a highway. And before traveling that road I asked the officers sitting down at the parking area if it was OK to drive a non-street licensed vehicle to and from that area. They said that it's not a problem.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I have never seen this kind off profiling when I have went to Moab before that is why I asked if this was a common.

You all should be alarmed by this kind of profiling at any time. We could be ticketed for some infraction depending on how much pressure is on the department to pay for the resources required for this kind of event.

Profiling would entail pulling people over for "looking suspicious" which is absolutely illegal (and common).

The cops in Moab aren't pulling you over for looking suspicious, they are pulling you over for specific violations of the law as it pertains to street legal vehicles. That is not profiling, that's enforcement.

It may be the case they are using your lack of mudflaps as a reason to pull you over looking for other more serious crimes (such as DUI), but that still isn't profiling.

You still haven't specifically answered what "minor modifications" people were being pulled over for. I'm curious, because something tells me that the cop wasn't pulling someone over for a 2" budget boost and 30's.

On another note, I think it's gotten to the point that if you're not signed up for one of the "official" trail runs and still wish to run the more mainstream trails, you may as well choose another weekend. I don't think I'll be going to EJS any longer on Easter weekend.

ya think? I don't think there is a single sane person on here that would tell you any different. It got that way for me about 5-6 years ago. I still like to go out on Easter, but I stay away from Moab.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...You all should be alarmed by this kind of profiling at any time. We could be ticketed for some infraction depending on how much pressure is on the department to pay for the resources required for this kind of event.

LOL :rofl:

Using a visible law infraction to pull you over is not profiling, its their job. Profiling denotes using social or racial cues to assume one is more likely to break a law or be involved in illegal activity. If they were pulling over every 4x4 owner with a bandana or cowboy hat, that would be profiling. Pulling over a visible infraction even for the intent of investigating or probing for further events is not profiling, its police work ;)

I'm more alarmed at the profiling of speeders in Spanish Fork Canyon :rofl:

...I plan on supporting business owners in Moab and will return, but not during the EJS. This place is special for the trails and the people keeping them open.

And the irony is that without EJS those special trails wouldn't be there ;)

EDIT: Cody beat me to the punch.

Meat_

Banned
That's not a highway. And before traveling that road I asked the officers sitting down at the parking area if it was OK to drive a non-street licensed vehicle to and from that area. They said that it's not a problem.

It's a county road, and yeah that was my point, they are understanding.... now if I hadn't parked the trailer in the closest available spot I'm sure they would have had a different reaction.

Ford Prefect

Yeah, Stranger, I noticed that as well.

The weather was not great on Sat, and there was almost no one on the trails Sunday.

I had a blast there! I do agree that it was nice and laid back, which I enjoy. Found a good price to stay and we loved out trip.

Did Anyone else see that crazy Liberty on steroids?

I got a picture of it, but the site will not let me up-load it for some reason, or I would show you. It just sat on main street in front of the best western, I do not think it moved, but it looked like it had about eight inches of lift, and maybe 33's or 35's. That thing was way too tall for that rig...:eek:

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
I was at potato salad hill Friday morning, and I had a full throttle in my hand i was drinking, and my Gf had one too. We pulled up next to the port o potties and waited to use it, the UHP officer and two buddies rolled up on a Rhino and said hey, uh we don't allow open containers in vehicles even down here...

I rolled my eyes, you could clearly see the words full throttle on BOTH cans.

And, when i walked over to the port of pottie next to the law enforcement, they said yours is over there....

Did not RME pay for all those toilets? from donations? so that they can take one as exclusive? Or did they have their own brought in?

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Did not RME pay for all those toilets? from donations? so that they can take one as exclusive? Or did they have their own brought in?

Yes RME did pay for the toilets. I have not seen the invoice yet, but from memory RME paid for 8 I believe. 4 on top of the hill and 4 on the bottom, so it is very likely that the one in the roped off police area was one they provided themselves.

The Stranger

Stranger Danger
Haha I took a picture of that thing with my camera phone.
liberty.jpg

Meat_

Banned
I think my favorite was the late model Dodge Dually on semi tires pulling a buggy on a trailer with low profile tires and bling'n wheels. :rofl:

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
Seriously. I was there from Saturday - Monday and it seemed like as soon as the weather cleared up everyone left. I didn't mind.
Sunday was awesome! we went up Pritchtt, and ran into a few groups but not bad. Monday was awesome! we just had a easy trip up poisen spider and the sun was awesome. then we drove through the night back to Idaho, and woke up to it snowing..:( Oh Well.

Did Anyone else see that crazy Liberty on steroids?

I got a picture of it, but the site will not let me up-load it for some reason, or I would show you. It just sat on main street in front of the best western, I do not think it moved, but it looked like it had about eight inches of lift, and maybe 33's or 35's. That thing was way too tall for that rig...:eek:

Please do not judge all Idahoans by that abortion of a build. Nick does not represent the real wheelers. :greg:

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I saw a lot of people flat towing perfectly streetable rigs. I passed a guy coming home that had a XJ on about 31's on a tow dolley being pulled by some 1/2 truck....why?

Cherokeester

I saw a lot of people flat towing perfectly streetable rigs. I passed a guy coming home that had a XJ on about 31's on a tow dolley being pulled by some 1/2 truck....why?

Mmmm... because xj's break down on a pretty consistent basis? Joke!! I tow my street legal rigs because when they break I just put em on the trailer and go home.