Archived Was EJS less crowded?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I can understand if you have a good tow rig and a trailer, but flat towing a rig,or using a tow dolley, with a tow rig that really isn't that fantastical anyway doesn't make sense.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Yes RME did pay for the toilets. I have not seen the invoice yet, but from memory RME paid for 8 I believe. 4 on top of the hill and 4 on the bottom, so it is very likely that the one in the roped off police area was one they provided themselves.

It was alone, I saw the 4 grouping up, didn't notice if there was 4 up top, but one was down right next to the Officers.

On their channel 6 they had the local sheriff say that if one is standing out by what their activity in town then they are more likely to get a ticket than someone who illegally sneaks on the trail. He practically said that if you are going to do something illegal, just don't draw attention to yourself and you probably won't get a ticket.

Given that he has to uphold they law, he was saying that he [they] are giving people some slack.

Steve

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
It was alone, I saw the 4 grouping up, didn't notice if there was 4 up top, but one was down right next to the Officers.

There were 4 by the dumpster and 4 in a group by the bottom of the hill. Then there was the one by the police that even had a little pad lock for it. My guess is that it was ordered by the sherrifs office and a seperate deal.

utah340six

did not see as any rigs on the trails we ran, stayed away for hells revenge and psh.
prichet was not bad friday early,
saw alot of turn arounds before rocker nocker

Ford Prefect

Please do not judge all Idahoans by that abortion of a build. Nick does not represent the real wheelers. :greg:

No, don't worry. My wife is from Idaho, then again so are her parents, so...umm...

Looks like it wants to rollover just sitting on the trailer.

YEAH!! That is exactly what I thought! Like it might just flop right there on the street. I also loved the add on the side, "this is a proto-type lift, and if you are interested please call me after x date"

Funny. Wonder if anyone will actually call the guy.

I saw a lot of people flat towing perfectly streetable rigs. I passed a guy coming home that had a XJ on about 31's on a tow dolley being pulled by some 1/2 truck....why?

Because the tow rig is far more comfortable of a ride than an XJ ever dreamed about being.

jsudar

I can understand if you have a good tow rig and a trailer, but flat towing a rig,or using a tow dolley, with a tow rig that really isn't that fantastical anyway doesn't make sense.

Which is exactly why I drove my Blazer to Moab on tires that cost more than I paid for my 1997 F150 that I would have had to tow it with. :D

Which makes me think I should invest in some crappy 35's and tow my real tires behind the Blazer

Last edited:

Cottle

[0++13
I plan on making my first trip of the year to moab over memorial weekend, towing my junk so I can also include ALL my camping gear (I have no bed on the rig); with my luck I'll break somthing, and I completely agree with the fact that my GMC is a lot more comfortable than my toyota's bucket seats

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
How do you figure??? This topic comes up enough here that it's easy to find out what's legal and what isn't, and move forward accordingly. Mudflaps? yes, you need them. Frame height? It's spelled out. Other than those two things, I can't think of anything else that doesn't also apply to every other vehicle on the road... oh, extra lights I guess. Bumper laws.

I'm nowhere near 100% illegal on even the sketchy Blazer LOL which is currently in need of flaps....
sorry for the delay, computer was in the shop getting fixed.
pretty much what the law state's is ANY after market modification's to a vehicle is ageist the law.... lift kits,lights,intake,exhaust,rims,window tint, all illegal one way or another. just these laws are so stupid and soooo many people out there modify there car's and trucks and tow rigs that cops dont really pay any attention to it. i got pulled over (sherf) in my car not to long ago for a after market exhaust and i pointed out that it was bone stock and let me off with a warning.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
sorry for the delay, computer was in the shop getting fixed.
pretty much what the law state's is ANY after market modification's to a vehicle is ageist the law.... lift kits,lights,intake,exhaust,rims,window tint, all illegal one way or another. just these laws are so stupid and soooo many people out there modify there car's and trucks and tow rigs that cops dont really pay any attention to it. i got pulled over (sherf) in my car not to long ago for a after market exhaust and i pointed out that it was bone stock and let me off with a warning.

You sir are completely mis-informed, completely. :rolleyes:

Which "law state's is ANY after market modification's to a vehicle is ageist the law"??? Please entertain me.

broncomitch

according to the utah state im right. even had the sheriff pull out his book of law's and show me cus i didnt believe it. it pretty much stated any aftermarket parts out side of the dealer is illegal. whether the book is hella old or what i dont know,but it was there in black and white. :p

That would be pretty easy to beat in court, once you whipped out the ACTUAL state law.

Go read it yourself, then you can best decide which version that you read was correct. Kurt has provided ample links to it in this forum.

btw, I was going to reply exactly the same way the two above replied, with regard to the lift kit comment. Don't know squat about window tint laws, don't much care. Stock tint on my rigs is plenty.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
according to the utah state im right. even had the sheriff pull out his book of law's and show me cus i didnt believe it. it pretty much stated any aftermarket parts out side of the dealer is illegal. whether the book is hella old or what i dont know,but it was there in black and white. :p

Show me a link or tell me the Sheriffs names.

No such law exists...

broncomitch

well for one it was in a thing called a BOOK its made of paper and you use your fingers to turn page's rather then clicking a mouse. :rofl:

two the cop let me off with a warning so i dont have his name or ID number.

im sure it was a b.s. law that didnt last long back in the day. whether its still in force or not today, i dont know, dont really care.

lol i think we have wondered a bit from the topic at hand lol

Last edited:

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
To try and get a little back on topic, I think it was more crowded in some areas, and less in others. Yes there were less "renegades" people not registered with RR4W, but more registered. I personally enjoyed not having to wait, at all, for a table at the Brewery thursday night.

I am not going to name any names, but I was informed by a Moab LEO that in there meeting prior to EJS with all involved agencies, that they were "adviced" to allow people to travel from their hotel to the trail, but if they were seen cruising that they should issue citations. HOWEVER, it is always left to the discretion of the LEO to pull someone over for a legitimate violation and too also write a citation for such.

No, they should not be more forgiving during EJS, but we should sure be appreciative that they are.

Try driving an illegal rig in Moab any other weekend and see what happens.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I bet alot of people stayed away because of the weather forcasts.

Either the weather or economy? They probably heard about the big snow storm, saw the weather forecast and bagged it. The weather channel had the weather suckin' pretty much the entire week, but yet it was in the 70's most of it. Yeah, I thought it was a lot less crowded this year than last.

I believe the local/UHP are very leinent at EJS and more so than normal. There are so many illegal vehicles on the road in Moab all the time.