General Tech What did you work on Today?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
All the talk about backing up in the dark in the window tint thread reminded me that I had backup lights to install. Tapped into the trailer plug and put a switch in the bed for hooking up at night. Also learned from the last set and mounted these way outboard so they light up what you can see in the mirrors.
20220316_195922.jpg

Last edited:

NYCEGUY01

Spent all afternoon yesterday finishing up exhaust, It had some drone with it dumped under the bed so I had to run it all the way to the rear of the truck. Also discovered I apparently forgot how to weld. I had to hit everything I welded with a flap wheel so it wasnt so bad looking...lol

Got it back off the Jack stands from the exhaust and recent fuel pressure issues.

Put the new shoes on it and I almost went a little bigger but everything barely clears. Got lucky 1st try it seems. Could possibly go a touch wider in the rear but I have about 1/2" inside and outside the wheelwell currently and Im pretty happy with that clearance.

Still need to get it geared and then decide for sure if Im gonna swap the converter or not.

Then the rear traction bars, sway bar, roll pan, and weld on new perches to replace the flip kit as the pinion angle sucks.

Getting down to just a few projects left on this one, then just cruise it...lol
85 lf.jpg
85 rr.jpg

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Spent all afternoon yesterday finishing up exhaust, It had some drone with it dumped under the bed so I had to run it all the way to the rear of the truck. Also discovered I apparently forgot how to weld. I had to hit everything I welded with a flap wheel so it wasnt so bad looking...lol

Got it back off the Jack stands from the exhaust and recent fuel pressure issues.

Put the new shoes on it and I almost went a little bigger but everything barely clears. Got lucky 1st try it seems. Could possibly go a touch wider in the rear but I have about 1/2" inside and outside the wheelwell currently and Im pretty happy with that clearance.

Still need to get it geared and then decide for sure if Im gonna swap the converter or not.

Then the rear traction bars, sway bar, roll pan, and weld on new perches to replace the flip kit as the pinion angle sucks.

Getting down to just a few projects left on this one, then just cruise it...lol
View attachment 147289
View attachment 147290

James, that is going to make a cool little driver. I really miss both of my lowered shop trucks, especially the '91.

I'll give you a call as soon as I have a gap in work so we can get those gears swapped.

Mike

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
This old thing is finally back on the road. I replaced the rear ring and pinion and passenger shaft with some Yukon loveliness. This is my first time going solo on a regear so I really took my time. Thanks to all you guys who I texted 40,000 times for advice. 😎

View attachment 147374View attachment 147376View attachment 147375View attachment 147373View attachment 147372

Nice work on the gears Jeremy. Jeep is looking good and glad to hear she's back on the road.

Mike