General Tech What did you work on Today?

JeeperG

That cam shows its not billet so a normal cast gear should be fine.
We'll check into it more during the week, we definitely wasn't working it at all, sitting at idle, sniper was throwing other issues and then she just shut down, sniper obviously showed a total loss of RPMs. Still hopeful everything else is fine and those bits dropped into the pan.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Haven’t worked on Todd’s Jeep in a while. I finished up boxing and plating the front frame horns.

IMG_7496.jpegIMG_7499.jpegIMG_7498.jpeg

The large front crossmember was removed to make room for moving the steering box forward and up. I’ll incorporate another one while adding a winch plate.

Now I’m on to moving the front spring mounts. Todd bought $80 worth of Motobilt spring mounts, and they need to be severely modified.

IMG_7505.jpeg

JeeperG

So after that distributor gear failure we got the bits out of the oil pan, put the other gear back, took off the valve covers and rechecked valve lash, everything is set up right.
1000006178.jpg
Then we did three more tests and data logging with three different 02's, when we got to the third one we hadn't tried yet it ran the best but still readings are not right. So we decided to go for a test on the street and get some more data logging.
1000006201.jpg
Just sitting at idle the sniper shut down and displayed "no data" so then we have to pull a fuse up on the frame rail and reset some things to get it running again.

We've checked and rechecked everything multiple times from moving wiring, shielding wiring, continuity, we even verified the exhaust has no leaks. We've had nothing but issues with this sniper, well two now, first has a bad ECU. More data logs sent to Holley but I might be sending this sniper back to summit and possibly trying a sniper 2 as I should have done to begin with.