Whats your mileage?

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
In my Expedition, computer tells me I average around 11 in town and 16-18 on the freeway.

I just finished some testing on the TJ with it was wandering how close everyone else is to this:

In town 4.88's, 37's: 15.84 mpg
Freeway 4.88's, 37's: 19.09 mpg

In town 3.73's, 37's: 11.15 mpg
Freeway 3.73's, 37's: 14.48 mpg

This was all testing gear differences with the same engine and performance mods, 4.7l, 5sp, 62mm TB and Spacer, powerprogrammer set to max trq setting.

The pisser to all this is the 64' Chevelle running a 225hp 283 gets 18.05 mpg in town and 23 mpg on the freeway when Im not driving it like I stole it.

I was just curious to what some of you all were getting in your rigs, tow rigs, DD, etc.

Trail rig: 416 Mog loaded with trail gear (10k lbs) 11-12 mpg city or freeway. About 8 or 9 on the trail.
Tow Vehicle: Freightliner with Mog loaded on back (25k lbs) 11-12 mpg.
DD: VW Jetta TDI average 48 mpg.

In the end it all averages out. :)

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
1998 5.9L with intake,headers, etc: average 16 mpg with a 70/30 high way/city driving.

1986 CJ 7 with a 4.0L: about 13-15 mpg

Badcop, you have a 4.7L in your TJ?

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
on the road? prolly 7-9

on the trail? don't know but i did golden spike loop 2 times and still had a half a tank.. gets good trail mileage!!!

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Jay5.9L said:
Badcop, you have a 4.7L in your TJ?

Hensko Stroker Kit, had baught it for the XJ when I planned on running it full time, then scrapped it before installing the kit, just got the TJ back on the road around end of January.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
How is it working so far? I like my 4.0L but really wish the PO went with a chev 350.

Badcop said:
Hensko Stroker Kit, had baught it for the XJ when I planned on running it full time, then scrapped it before installing the kit, just got the TJ back on the road around end of January.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
84 Scrambler 4.0/aw4/4.56 gears 20-21 highway, try not to drive it around town.

86/92 XJ 4.0/aw4/4.10 gears 19 highway 15 in town

85 K30 502 BB d60/14b 4.10 gears 10-11 no matter what its doing.

mr_blasto

You guys are lucky. Granted I have a '72 K5 with 35's, 350cid, th350, and 3.73's, but I am getting just barely under 8 mpg as an average for all my driving (which is mostly city, but hwy isn't any different). If I could get up to 12, that would be a 50% increase... crazy!

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Jay5.9L said:
How is it working so far? I like my 4.0L but really wish the PO went with a chev 350.

I enjoy it, you definately feel an increase after driving a 4.0 again. Other than Cost (kit and machine work around 3600$) its a great investment.

When I did the TJ, it was a more or less, I have it why not use it, but the PO drove this thing into the dirt, valves were ticking, transfer case wouldnt engage, etc. I baught it through an auction and I think the PO new it was being repo'd since he took everything not requiring it to drive....

pELYgroso

'Merica
Man, I guess I don't feel so bad after seeing your mpg's.

my '96 PSD f350 crew cab long bed on 35's gets on average 16 around town and 18 on the highway. I thought that was horrible but I guess I don't anymore!

work truck--'01 CTD gets 17 around town and 20 on highway.

'85 4runner with an injected 302 in it, 4:10's, bobbed 15" and 37's (doesn't sound right, but it really works!!) --I have no idea what kind of mileage it gets. I only drive it on the trails and it's never ran out yet. I just fill it up every time on the way to the trail. the gas guage doesn't work either!

I thought that TJ's lifted and geared would still get better mileage than that! anybody know what their mpg is stock??

slim

Give it the berries
Fuel injected Vortec 5.7L. (350 CI), GM 4L60 automatic transmission, 40"x12.5 Goodyear MT/R tires... Last week, we did Pritchett and Behind the Rocks including every obstacle we could find in one day and I got 12 mpg in the ole TJ. Better than I thought I would get.