Which rv/5th wheel solution for full time?

Cascadia

Undecided
Since when can you not fab up something? You could build a ladder in an evening. Put a little hinge on it so it folds up in half when not in use with a place for a lock.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
No prob. He isn't ready to sell it yet, but he is getting it ready. He has done a ton of work to it and I know you were looking for an airstream.

ID Bronco

I was thinking about the van yesterday and wondered how they tow with the extended body and thus receiver so far behind the rear axle. I am sure the frame is super stout, but are air bags necessary to compensate for the extra length that far back?

This is a cool idea, sleep in the back, slide fly poles all the way inside in a rid case and roll!

Caleb

More beneficial than airbags would be a weight dist hitch. That will help distribute the weight up to the front axle. If you're sagging to much due to too soft of springs then compliment the weight dist hitch with airbags.

sixstringsteve

We did some more RV shopping this past weekend. I wish we could have seen some of the fiberglass models, like Oliver and bigfoot. It would have been nice to have seen Airstream there too. I worry about ground clearance on an airstream.

[video=youtube;rv2VJ2i8TfA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv2VJ2i8TfA&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z13ohxxjfxz0djxff22rej2xwsyahlgg z04[/video]

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Best western had a baby with a persian rug

Ha Ha Ha!

Edit: That rockwood that you liked would be nice, but the walk through bathroom would be a deal killer for me. My wife and I don't enter a bathroom 'in use' by the other, so We would be stuck in the bedroom, or not allowed entrance to the bedroom while the other was in the bath... but it did have 2 doors, so we could go out and around.

Last edited:

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
IMG_0604_zps24cbhxiz.png

sixstringsteve

Wow. At least it has real wood paneling on the side now. I think I'd at least want a frame if i were adding all that weight.

sixstringsteve

That is so sweet. I don't know own why they aren't putting the Cummins in the NV from the factory. They have a few Cummins nv test muscles running around...