Which rv/5th wheel solution for full time?

sixstringsteve

Man, I'm pissed. Last night, I talked to the seller on the phone. He told me he would accept my offer and pull the ad. I said "I'm 100% coming to buy it. Can I send a deposit?" He said "no need, I'll save it for you."

Well, he just called to tell me he got a better offer and unless I up my price $1000, he's going to sell it to the other guy. Go figure i lose out on it at the last minute. I'm really disappointed.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

The guy buying it out from under me is from Idaho. I hope he didn't find the van via this thread. If you find a good van for sale, shoot me a PM rather than posting it on this thread please. I really appreciate everyone looking for me.

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
When the guy from Idaho backs out and the seller contacts you again tell him you're offer was just reduced by $1000. :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Man, I'm pissed. Last night, I talked to the seller on the phone. He told me he would accept my offer and pull the ad. I said "I'm 100% coming to buy it. Can I send a deposit?" He said "no need, I'll save it for you."

Well, he just called to tell me he got a better offer and unless I up my price $1000, he's going to sell it to the other guy. Go figure i lose out on it at the last minute. I'm really disappointed.

If I were you, I'd have no hesitation telling him how deceitful he's acted with this deal and that you're appalled by his actions as a seller. You had a price worked out, offered a deposit and he being a greedy scumbag went back on his work to make another $1000. I'd be letting him have it, big time.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
If I were you, I'd have no hesitation telling him how deceitful he's acted with this deal and that you're appalled by his actions as a seller. You had a price worked out, offered a deposit and he being a greedy scumbag went back on his work to make another $1000. I'd be letting him have it, big time.

I'd let him know that you're upset, but I don't know how far I'd take it. I've been on your side of similar situations and it sucks for sure. I've also been in a situation where I've been offered more money (lots more...) to sell something out from under someone I'd already struck a deal with. I did what I thought was the "honorable" thing and kept my word to the original buyer, but knowing you're passing up on a lot of money does mess with you pretty badly - so while I don't agree with what he did, I do understand where the seller is coming from as well.

Crummy deal either way, but you'll find something better.:)

sixstringsteve

I let him know that I was dissappointed and that my weekend is shot now. It is what it is. I was pretty excited about that one, now I'm back to square one.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

This one:

I'd been texting him for over a week. I should have jumped on it last weekend, but I didn't want to rush the decision, and I heard that quigley suspension rode like crap. Last saturday I ended up riding in a neighbor's E350 with quigley suspension, and it was fine. By then I couldn't take enough work off to run and grab the rig any sooner.

The seller and I had agreed on $20,500

Some guy from idaho called him today and said
"this is exactly what my son has been looking for. I want it. I'll fly in and get it."

The seller explained that I was buying it first thing Sat morning.

Then the idaho guy offered him $21,500.

The seller called me and said "I got a higher offer. He'll pay $21,500. I wanted to give you the opportunity to match that since I told you I'd sell it to you. If you can't match that, I'm selling it to this guy in Idaho. It sounds like he could really use it."

And I said "I could really use it too, it's exactly what I'm looking for. I offered to send you a deposit down to prevent this from happening, but you said "don't worry about it, consider it yours. I'll pull the ad tonight.'"

and he just said "Sorry, I'm not going to turn down $1k."

And that's that.

Last edited: