Whiskey

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
You seem to like Canadian whiskies. Is that your thing? Have you tried any of the Irish whiskies? You can get good blended or full pot still Irish stuff for a reasonable price. Red Breast is a nice pour and very approachable. Red Breast 15 is outstanding. The Macallan stuff is also super approachable for scotch. The Macallan 12 year double cask is a personal fave for a $60 bottle. Hard to beat.

Next time you're in town, let's do some whiskey tasting.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
You seem to like Canadian whiskies. Is that your thing? Have you tried any of the Irish whiskies? You can get good blended or full pot still Irish stuff for a reasonable price. Red Breast is a nice pour and very approachable. Red Breast 15 is outstanding. The Macallan stuff is also super approachable for scotch. The Macallan 12 year double cask is a personal fave for a $60 bottle. Hard to beat.

Next time you're in town, let's do some whiskey tasting.

I'm not a big whiskey drinker, but yeah I do like the Canadian stuff. I have tried some Macallan, in Baja actually! A friend broke it out, after a dinner with plenty of tequila. It was pretty damn good, but I was hurting the next morning. I should pick up a bottle.

I'm down for a tasting!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'm not a big whiskey drinker, but yeah I do like the Canadian stuff. I have tried some Macallan, in Baja actually! A friend broke it out, after a dinner with plenty of tequila. It was pretty damn good, but I was hurting the next morning. I should pick up a bottle.

I'm down for a tasting!
I'm the same. Most bottles take me 2-3 years to go through, which is why I don't mind spending the money on good bottles. I usually buy 2-3 bottles per year, and be gifted maybe another 1-2 At that rate I accumalte faster than I drink.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Someone gave this to me, and gave me the ruby port barrel that it was aged in which I promptly filled with beer. It's one of the best rye's I've had (not usually my thing)

20211105_184143.jpg

DAA

Macallan 18 at Dollhouse #1. With a Montecristo. Yeah...

20150514_The%20Maze_Camping-262W.jpg

Black Bush with a Padron...

20140605_Deep%20Creeks_Camping-196W.jpg

Rendevous with a Padron...

20140317_The%20Maze_Camping-82W.jpg

Rendevous at the Overlook...

20140317_The%20Maze_Camping-593-EditW.jpg

Jameson and an Oliva in Arch Canyon...

IMG_2848.jpg

And so on and so forth. I like whiskey. And cigars.

- DAA

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
That's a $100 bottle? ****ing high west ha ha. Nice gift!

It's good. I don't love rye whiskey in general, but I I do like sherry and port cask finished whiskey. It's good, it's 100 proof so it's not as "big" as some of the barrel proof stuff I usually buy, but very smooth and the sweetness from the port barrel tempers the harshness of rye. It's a good bottle, but probably not my first choice in the $100 price range. I'm sure that would change if I were more of a rye fan.