Who can build me the box/frame for this trailer? (aka need welding)

Tee

Tanned Fat Looks Better!
I have a trailer I picked up to haul camping supplies. Its a fiberglass tub with hinging top and those hatch back assists to help lift it and hold it open. I have since rebuilt the entire frame and added partitions inside to hold all the extra stuff we take camping. Also stripped all the decals off. Need to get some new pics but this is what it looked like when I bought it. Its for sale by the way if any of you are interested.

Attachments

• Trailer1.jpg
    Trailer1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Trailer2.jpg
    Trailer2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 31

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Did you guys see this? Its not mine but I know some of you are looking for one.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=2105683&cat=&lpid=1

Not a bad $$$ really... However you can get a new one out of Canada (albeit without shipping) for ~$1k. And they are the updated Canadian spec ones (larger tires, pintle, etc). If enough guys go in on the shipping, the trailer dude will deliver on a flatbad. Can't remember how much but I think it was a couple hundered per trailer.

RedJeep

Did you guys get these built? How did it go.

I am bumping this thread, because I want to find out input/output/results good or bad, of the building of these trailers. What was unexpected, what would you change, how big was the final bed and height?

I am going to build fab a trailer (or two if anyone is still interested). I need more space and have a some big trips planned this summer.

Thanks,
Ian

RedJeep

Design, ideas.

Ian, do you have a design in mind? I'd love to see some plans and possibly get in on this.

I like the look of this trailer and frame, I have some XJ leafs I will be re-doing (taking a leaf or two out) and using. I will use a new axle with a brake from hendersons.

I am not sure of the trailer sizes yet., but I want a frame like in the wildoats example in post one. I will be designing it so the front and rear side panels on each side open up/hinge down to gain access to a plastic tote and doube as a table. Same way with a fold down tail gate. Water tight is an issue to think about.

For the top I like the idea of a big folding top, not sure if I want to put a tent up on top or not. I will be trying to gain the same of more space that is in the back of my TJ without the seat.

Square tube? or Angle Iron? For the Frame 2 inch .120 wall, for the risers 2 inch .060 wall is what WildOats used is this OK or two heavy? to light?

Size, I want the Trailer axle to be a bit narrower than the wheel wide of my TJ, thus it has a bit of a smaller turning ratio for tight off road use. So I will design the width of the body based on the tires, wheels, and clearance I need. Long toungue, axle toward the rear of the trailer body. The Black with Diamond plate lookes good.

Plans will follow soon.

RedJeep

theferg

DD for Life
Wakey wakey. I'm looking again to get something going. Anybody got any builds going on or planned? Anybody interested in making something like this for/with me?

-Ferg-

chadbuckner

Oh what a feeling..Toyota
I have plans to build this trailer but have no funds right now to put towards it. I have been jones'in to build it, so, Someone else interested in building this trailer? We could tweak it however you want.

Offroadtrailer1.jpg

Offroadtrailer2.jpg

Offroadtrailer3.jpg

Offroadtrailer4.jpg

rjmax

The other Paco
I kind of like this trailer. However, I don't know really how it would do on the trail.

Attachments

• 101trailer-med.jpg
    101trailer-med.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 32

slyon8tor

ferg, you know my garage is always open if you need a place to work on projects... I'd love to watch/help build something like this(or any kind of fab work)