Who Was Up AF Canyon Yesterday?

RedRockUT

Utah 4x4 Club
I wasn't there. It was brought to my attention from another local wheeler. I think it would be cool if he was on this BB so we could give him a Land Use lesson.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
RedRockXJ said:
I wasn't there. It was brought to my attention from another local wheeler. I think it would be cool if he was on this BB so we could give him a Land Use lesson.

I doubt he's on here, I'd like to think most people that are active on RME, as well as in the 4x4 community would have more sense than to drive off trail, especially this time of year when the soil is very easily disturbed.

BTW... I've been going up AFC for years and most people in 4x4's I met never even heard of RME. He's probably some random guy. ;)

I just hope he didn't run over any of the saplings we planted back in 2002.-

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=1060

Sadly we lost the pictures, I wonder how those trees are doing now a days.

redrocktj

116 long
i've seen him twice before, once at mini moab and then down in moab during EJS. kinda a hick type guy (not that that's bad) and has been really nice when my friend was talking to him. I think he just must be very ignorant and not well informed on where to drive. i always thought it was common sense to stay on the trail but i guess its not for others. i think my friend said his name was cody

Last edited:
I think I've seen him up AF before. He and his j**p look familiar. Be sure and confront anyone who is driving off the trail. We (responsible users like the ones here) may not see him off trail again, so he might think it's ok.

1993yj

scoutabout said:
Be sure and confront anyone who is driving off the trail. We (responsible users like the ones here) may not see him off trail again, so he might think it's ok.

I agree with the confronting to a point, as long as it is done tactfully. Not saying that you werent already implying this, but even if I know I am doing something wrong, if someone comes up to me all confrontational about it, I am going to be an ass, and then I hate that person. If they do it in a polite and tactful way, I will listen to them and usually agree with their point of view.

Houndoc

1993yj said:
I agree with the confronting to a point, as long as it is done tactfully. Not saying that you werent already implying this, but even if I know I am doing something wrong, if someone comes up to me all confrontational about it, I am going to be an ass, and then I hate that person. If they do it in a polite and tactful way, I will listen to them and usually agree with their point of view.

Holy cow! Someone suggesting be polite, non-confrontational and listening (even learning to see the others point). Not something that comes up on most boards often enough.:greg:

MOODY

Bald Guy
I would simply say (or yell if they were a ways away) "Hey! Get on the trail, you are breaking the law!" And go report it to the rangers. I did the above to people driving through the lake up Forest Lake, and they were ticketed. When I yelled to them, they gave me a look of "Shove it!"

ewander

Was this guys license plate number 724 MTU? Becausee he was off the trail again this weekend up AF Canyon, just before the forest lake turn off. I talked to him and turned him in. He was attempting to drive straight up a hill. When I asked him what he was doing, he said that he was trying to drive where someone else had (not likely), but when pressured said he was done.

I hope he got a ticket.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
ewander said:
Was this guys license plate number 724 MTU? Becausee he was off the trail again this weekend up AF Canyon, just before the forest lake turn off. I talked to him and turned him in. He was attempting to drive straight up a hill. When I asked him what he was doing, he said that he was trying to drive where someone else had (not likely), but when pressured said he was done.

I hope he got a ticket.

He was up there yesterday (Monday), I saw him with his rig in the grass parked on a rock 1/4 into the Forest Lake trail... Wish I would have known it was him... :mad2:

One of those deals, he was pulled off the side of the trail, nothing too major, but then CrawlerCraig caught up with me by Miller Hill and let me know it was him...

Badger

I am the Brute squad
more reason to always have a camera with you to record license plate numbers and what they are doing wrong.so that way when you do turn it in you have your proof in pictures.like it has always been said a picture is worth a thousand words

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Badger said:
more reason to always have a camera with you to record license plate numbers and what they are doing wrong.so that way when you do turn it in you have your proof in pictures.like it has always been said a picture is worth a thousand words

I actually have a pic of him on the rock (at home)... but like I said, he was just off the side of the trail broken (front driveshaft?)... Not enough to warrant an earful from me...

Now, the dudes ahead of us drinking beer all day... I could care less if you drink beer on the trail, but take care of your own cans... I did this trail last Saturday and picked up ~50 cans... did it yesterday and picked up another 24 pack :rolleyes: