Why blur your license plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Marc, in agreeing with you I must be silly too,

hell, I bet we are the only two people, besides Meat :D, who lock our doors. Anyone who really wants to get in can so why do it? and besides I am not giving them my TV and such, I am just not opening the door...:rolleyes:

I lock my doors.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I'll bet that 95% of the regulars on here don't even know my first name, let alone my full name.

Ignorance is bliss on the internet, if more people had a clue at what can be (and is) done they wouldn't be quite so free with personal info of any kind.

Who are you, anyway? I dont' recognize your face (avatar) at all...;)

What is even better is when they blur out a bunch in a series but forget one elsewhere, like in a for sale thread or something.:rolleyes:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
so is it inconsiderate for me, or others here to post pictures of someone else's rig, and not blur out the liscense plate? is that socially unacceptable?

-Jason

Brett

Meat-Hippy
so is it inconsiderate for me, or others here to post pictures of someone else's rig, and not blur out the liscense plate? is that socially unacceptable?

-Jason

IMGP0093.jpg

DSC_2566.jpg

You can almost see it here!

IMGP0099.jpg

Even worse, three at once! :eek:

trafficjam.jpg

If you're that worried about your plate number on the internet, you may as well just stay offline and barricade yourself in a closet.

Hope those of you I posted pics of your rigs don't care, since I've done it before!

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com

-Jason

I personally don't care if mine is out there. Like others said, it's not like it's hard to get ahold of. Everyone that see's my rig on the road has access to my plate #.

What's funny is most that would care, would still put their SSN# on a medical application - more identity theft comes from Dr. offices than anywhere else.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I have a very good time NOT putting my SSN on applications, and watching the processor freak out. "uhhhhh sir?" heheheh

I know it... The last place (kids dentist) actually argued with me and said that was the ONLY way my insurance would pay the bill. It's really to the point that if they have a problem with it, I'll walk out. Threaten the next guy...

Crinco

can you really help your plate going on the web? let's say your out wheeling and people take pictures of your rig?... you have absolutlely no clue who they are.. they post that picture who knows where... i mean really.. just run two plates... and your good to go ;)

-Jason

I hate to burst your bubble, but if both plates are yours.... then your not hiding anything, they both lead straight back to you. If they aren't yours, well then you should be hiding! :D

Seriously though, I am sure the Magazines blur the Plates so as not to give away an address of the person who owns a sweet rig to help keep it from being stolen.(does that make sence?) I am sure its a liability thing for them though, at least they can say that it wasn't their fault someone found out where a featured rig was garaged.

I only made it to page 26 and my eyes couldn't take anymore! I think I got the point of the story by then....
CR

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
This idea of why to blur LP#'s came up on another thread today, which had me searching for this thread..

I think this thread is funny.. Meat once again is the master of knowledge on an issue, and I also noticed he is banned.. 2 counts of funny..

I also want to add that other aspects of this hobby, and i'm sure others, involve your info on the internet.. Guess what? Google KF7EXA, that's my HAM callsign.. You will find my home address and full name on the FCC database for one(despite the fact that they spelled my name wrong)..

Anyways, this is just a funny topic. If I get my identity stolen, the first thing that i'm going to suspect is that someone grabbed up all my sensitive personal info cause they found a photo of one of my vehicles..

Right..

-Jason

Last edited:

utahluge

Finally Got My Truck!!
....Google KF7EXA, that's my HAM callsign.. You will find my home address and full name on the FCC database for one....
And that right there, is why I will NEVER get a vanity callsign license plate! One day I won't notice someone in my blindspot when I change lanes = crazy nutjob with my home address (with only a google search!).

Status
Not open for further replies.