Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Because I miss Shawn/James K

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I'm a Cody groupie

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters
For many of us, this is not just an online forum, it's a community that we interact with in the virtual and real world regularly. If you're lurking, get involved!
I know that is the case for me, this is a community of my really good friends who I wish I lived closer to! RME is my way of staying in touch with everyone without spending my entire day on the phone. :)
that is what I did, and I have met some great people on here.

Really? :ugh: We may have met one or two good eggs on here.....a time or two....:rofl:

I really wish more wives would start posting up. I know there's a huge intimidation factor seeing how it's a "rock crawling forum" and I can say that I've had more than one guy jump my case for something I wasn't a hundred percent sure on to start with. BUT, who cares? Really? I would rather post up and heckle my friends and share my love of this crazy thrill ride then sit at home and just lurk. Besides, worst case scenerio....if you think I don't know my head from my wazoo, that's fine, because regardless of what I may or may not know, I can most likely out drive you so that's all I care about. :greg: Oh yes, this would probably be a good time to mention that I have a fairly large ego. :)

JPNGRL44

Unhealthy Obsession
I really wish more wives would start posting up. I know there's a huge intimidation factor seeing how it's a "rock crawling forum" and I can say that I've had more than one guy jump my case for something I wasn't a hundred percent sure on to start with. BUT, who cares? Really? I would rather post up and heckle my friends and share my love of this crazy thrill ride then sit at home and just lurk. Besides, worst case scenerio....if you think I don't know my head from my wazoo, that's fine, because regardless of what I may or may not know, I can most likely out drive you so that's all I care about. :greg: Oh yes, this would probably be a good time to mention that I have a fairly large ego. :)

I agree, more wives would be sweet, even though I don't post very often. I'm just a quiet person in general, until I get to know people. Which isn't even that great of an excuse, because I know a lot of cool people here on the board, and multiple have become good friends.

So in all honesty I probably stay away because it makes me think crazy thoughts about building our jeep, buying a tow rig, and skipping Saturday classes to go wheeling :eek: Someday.... maybe even soon this will become more of a reality for us, but until then I have to be happy with our little jeep. Which is difficult when there are so many sweet rigs, and pictures of them crawling over big rocks.

I agree, more wives would be sweet, even though I don't post very often. I'm just a quiet person in general, until I get to know people. Which isn't even that great of an excuse, because I know a lot of cool people here on the board, and multiple have become good friends.

So in all honesty I probably stay away because it makes me think crazy thoughts about building our jeep, buying a tow rig, and skipping Saturday classes to go wheeling :eek: Someday.... maybe even soon this will become more of a reality for us, but until then I have to be happy with our little jeep. Which is difficult when there are so many sweet rigs, and pictures of them crawling over big rocks.

I have seen that "little" Jeep of yours crawl over some big rocks woman! Between you, me, and the fence post, I don't care what you wheel, you're fun and dammit, I like you! :rofl:

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Post up!

Good folks on here. I remember back to one of my first posts and the sh*tstorm that ensued from it. http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=25838

Like they say, if you're gonna be dumb, then you gotta be tough. Being from Texas, I'm a little of both:D

I also appreciate how well the board has received Jenn. Considering how our opinions can differ from the group at times, it has never gotten personal or disrespectful. That says quite a bit.

Meat_

Banned
RockMonkey, that is exactly what I had in mind when I started this thread :)

I love you too Rich

I would love to see more women posting on here, there are so few that are active.... Tara obviously, Jenn, Kami (and my 2 hrs of sleep in the last 41 hrs keeps me from remembering the couple others). The funny thing is, the three I mentioned can out wheel a LOT of guys I know Tara even knows quite a bit about the machanics of it, Kammi is learning and Jenn, well she'd rather just drive it :)

One of my favorite things is to peptalk a woman on the trail into trying something she is intimidated by... As some have seen I am very rarely anything other than calm as a cucumber, I just don't get adrenoline shots and because of this I really enjoy the pride and excitement I see when someone accomplishes something they thought they were incapable of. This is made even better if the woman shows up some dumbass that was only a few minutes ago looking down on her as an inferior specimin who should be driving to Albertsons.... I hate guys like that....

As to getting women more involved in this sport (one of my goals) and in posting more I think that having some excellent articles that show the authors passion for this insane past time in the Compass for spouses to read (or any woman you can hand the mag to) is a powerful tool. So any of you guys who have benifited from the articles written by Tara and Jenn please take a minute to thank them, and to politely ask fpor their continued efforts. (Ladies, for every 1 that posts there are 20 that feel the same)

Now keep in mind there are many women who are VERY into rock crawling that just aren't into the internet. While at dinner tonight with the gang I had an epifiny and asked Bart to aproach one of these women about writing for the Compass, I don't personally know her (Bart does) but I know that she is evey bit as much into rockcrawling as Tara is, hopefully she will become an excellent addition to our roster of awesome female authors. I also hope to see Jenn being able to find the time to write an article or two in addition to the members rig articles.

Bart isn't much of a woman but he will now also be contributing to the Compass :)

Now ladies, keep in mind that you don't have to drive to enjoy this sport. On todays Convention trail ride which was very rainy and coldish, there were two wives (who as near as I could tell met that very morning) that were thurolly enjoying themselves watching the excitement and socializing during the down/repair times... so there is that aspect, but I'm willing to bet if you try the driving you will quickly take to loving it, just make sure to start out small and slowly push your horizons back until you are rolling your junk on Coyote Canyon and laughing about it.

OMG that is some rambling.... For those who made it through.... did I make any sense?

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
Well, i didn't vote because it was kind of a mixture of a couple...but usually, I get to the thread just after the only useful thing I could chip in with has already been chipped in by someone else :D
...that or I'm not 100% sure of whatever and don't want to look like even more of an idiot.
I have met a few of you guys though, had a good time at the 5MP clean up, and the little get together at sonic in layton this summer :)

Meat_

Banned
Good post, Meat! And full of good news. :D

I think that's probably the longest single post you've ever posted. :eek:

It'll be close.... and done from a Blackberry no less -_-

Jeeperman, that just means you need to use the newposts button more frequently ;)

Meat_

Banned
Crap, how did I forget Amy? :eek: Then there's chicky, and Hickey's woman? Then maybe Rusted's much better half will go for post #2?

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I erased my post because it was in the wrong thread, then became unconfident in my personal awesomeness and walked away. HA