Windpocalypse

Dominic

Davis county is trashed. On the way to work I was shocked at all the downed trees and power lines. We are on disaster mode at the hospital all procedures have been cancled for now. Thank god for generators or I wouldn't even have internerdnet to pass the time!
:eek:

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I would think in most areas of Davis county, this would be considered redevlopement. :rofl:

Not bad up this way (15-20 mph), but I've got all my generators up and running just in case.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
The wind has been going crazy where we live. The neighbors fence is coming down and I had to dodge garbage cans on Foothill coming to work.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
It's blowing hard in Western CO too, the temps are high 30's, but it feels like low 20's. My 40,000# International is rocking back and forth with the wind.

DAA

I'm not looking forward to damage assessment this afternoon. It was ugly when I left for work at 6am this morning. I could see that a lot of my fence was down but when I went in the backyard for a closer look, I almost got hit by a piece of someone elses fence (different color than mine...). So I just said the heck with it and drove to work. Lots of strange and ugly sights getting to the freeway from my house. Don't think I passed a single vinyl fence that was wholly intact. Lots of broken trees and debris flying around and what not. Got up on top of the overpass to get on the freeway and there was a garbage can up there that had to have come from half a mile away. Semi tipped over on the other side of the freeway etc.

Just ugly...

But from what my Wife has been telling me, it has only gotten worse since I left. She said one whole side of our fence isn't just down, but is missing - she can't see where it went. Earlier when she went out to try and save our big gate (I told her just to let it go, but she said it was going to hit the neighbors truck, he eventually came out and secured it...), she said the back yard was like watching the Wizzard of Oz there were so many pieces of fences and patio furniture and siding flying by. She was afraid to say out there, too much debris flying around. So, she's afraid to go outside, but from the windows she says that our neighbor two doors away across the cul-de-sac is missing a lot of shingles and one whole side of their house has no siding left on it. She said that our next door neighbors have a big trampoline from another neighbors yard slammed up against the back of their house. She said she saw the other next door neighbor out trying to secure something that was trying to fly off his van and a piece of plywood came flying out of nowhere and knocked him down. Every time she's called, she asks "can you hear that" and I CAN "hear that" and she says what I'm hearing is "stuff" hitting our house.

Sounds like when I head home in a few hours I'll be making a list for an insurance claim I guess...

- DAA

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
on a positive note..........there are a lot of free Christmas trees!

Really bad here in Clinton to. Trying to decide if I should go to work. Last thing I need is my enclosed work trailer getting blown over

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I saw several massive trees down in Millcreek area, lots of massive trees down all over Sugarhouse. I also saw a lear jet abort his landing due to te wind. I was on 201EB amd Esther him get maybe 100' off the deck then full throttle it out for another attempt. The 747 behind him was rocking and swinging from side to side, but made the landing.

I'm shocked that there was literally no wind, not even a breeze out at my house in Magna when I left for work. It seems to always be windy in Magna.

Although much damage, not as bad as the '04 hurricane season that I went through in Tampa.

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Yeah, we got hit really hard up on the east bench of Bountiful, been without power since about 5:30 this morning. Luckily none of our big trees have come down, yet. Right now I am so glad I cut down those 3 dead trees last month or we likely would have had some type of damage. Go take a drive up 5th south toward Davis Blvd, tons of trees down and one took out the corner of a house and others were blocking the road until they cut them up. I made it to class for a test and have internet access from campus, kind of scared to go home in a bit to find a tree down on our house.