winter on the rocks........

neagtea

Supporting Member
I called all over on monday. I only found 2 rooms at rodeway in hurricane. Everything Fri and Sat sold out, they also raised rates for fri and sat. Many baseball/soccer/softball and college rugby.
see ya there

del0075

if any one is interested in a lunch for friday or saturday.........

you can buy either a sack lunch or a hot lunch on the hill (hot lunch will only be at the playground at the end of west rim ), if you are interested let us know so we can get a head count......

sack lunch... pulled pork sandwich, chips, drink and cookie.....7.50

sack lunch... ribs, chips, drink and cookie..... 10.00

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
Pioneer lodge is great place to stay
I stayed there last year
But it was a 45 min drive from the staging area if I remember right
I would do it again if that was the only place I could find

Parade of homes I think is going on to

Everything is going on that weekend, but I think Parade of Homes is BIG.

I got Super 8 in Cedar City. :eek:

RRBDodge

if any one is interested in a lunch for friday or saturday.........

you can buy either a sack lunch or a hot lunch on the hill (hot lunch will only be at the playground at the end of west rim ), if you are interested let us know so we can get a head count......

sack lunch... pulled pork sandwich, chips, drink and cookie.....7.50

sack lunch... ribs, chips, drink and cookie..... 10.00

Have you talked to them about how to get their smoker up there? We had a heck of a time last month going up and down. Took us about an hour to get it up there. Would have been easier to hook it to my rig but we didn't have a low enough of a drop hitch so I would have been dragging the back of the smoker trailer all the way up the hill. ended up hooking the trailer to their subruban and then my rig to them to get them through the the sandy stuff. Just somethingto factor into the planning stage of the event ecause it'll take up someones morning to get this done.

del0075

Have you talked to them about how to get their smoker up there? We had a heck of a time last month going up and down. Took us about an hour to get it up there. Would have been easier to hook it to my rig but we didn't have a low enough of a drop hitch so I would have been dragging the back of the smoker trailer all the way up the hill. ended up hooking the trailer to their subruban and then my rig to them to get them through the the sandy stuff. Just somethingto factor into the planning stage of the event ecause it'll take up someones morning to get this done.

they said they have a rig to take it up...... im not sure on all the particulars, they called and asked if they could come do it.........

rondo

rondo
Good luck finding a hotel. I had to call 13 hotels to find one. Some are in the 150$ range. Even St. George is fillin' up. One guy said it's always a very busy time of year because of the monday holiday.

ret32

Good luck finding a hotel. I had to call 13 hotels to find one. Some are in the 150$ range. Even St. George is fillin' up. One guy said it's always a very busy time of year because of the monday holiday.

FYI - Priceline has stuff in Hurricane as low as $105 and in Springdale as low as $58, although Cedar City is probably closer (timewise) than Springdale. (As of today)

Dont forget Friday and Saturday morning next weekend, you want to get to the fair grounds early. when the list is full its full. this way we dont have 40 vehicles on one trail at a time.