Wood Hollow Fire

sixstringsteve

It's out of control!

I have a good friend who lost everything on his property up there today. Trailers, vehicles, etc. He's an RME member and a good friend. I hope everything gets sorted out soon for him. Fortunately it was not his primary residence.

Last edited:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
We're in the same boat, we lost everything. We drove down yesterday to see if we could get in, but they still had our subdivision closed off. I could see my place with binoculars from the highway, utter and complete devastation. There is not a tree left on the entire 6+ acres, and no sign of the 4 rvs we had on the mountain. Not looking forward to the cleanup, its heartbreaking. As Steve said though, I was able to go home at the end of the evening, some of the people arent that fortunate.

ricsrx

I also have a coworker that has lost his family cabin, sheds, ATV's. He said they have had the property for 30 or so years and to try and rebuild what they had spent that many years building is just to much for him to think about..

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
We're in the same boat, we lost everything. We drove down yesterday to see if we could get in, but they still had our subdivision closed off. I could see my place with binoculars from the highway, utter and complete devastation. There is not a tree left on the entire 6+ acres, and no sign of the 4 rvs we had on the mountain. Not looking forward to the cleanup, its heartbreaking. As Steve said though, I was able to go home at the end of the evening, some of the people arent that fortunate.

Do you have insurance to cover the actual losses, or is this something you have to eat yourself?
The news still hasn't said what started it, other than "Human Caused". Do you have more info about it?

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
No insurance on any of it. Nothing was worth insuring, but everythings adds up to 20-30K...Oh well, we will rebuild. They know who started it, but wont say who. Word is it's a property owner who was burning weeds and it got away from him. Doesn't matter, he'll have so many lawsuits against him that nobody will ever see a dime from it.

roverrocks

Wow! Sad! Condolences to all who lost property and homes. This is going to be a long and terrible fire season for the whole Four Corners region. Absolutely bone dry in Colorado too. Even the alpine tundra high up in the San Juan Mountains in SW Colorado is mostly brown and dried out. Never remotely seen the tundra like that this early in the summer. The fire conditions in the Four Corners is just plain terrifying.

MBD09

I've got property just southeast of Fairview (approx 1.5miles)... i think it should be safe & the fire has a ways to travel before it would get there.
I arrived on my property about 1 hour after this fire started and left just after sunset and it had at least quadrupled in size in a matter of 5 hours.

condolences to all that have already suffered loses and hope that the weather changes in our favor to assist the firefighters and other personnel working to contain this beast.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Sorry to hear about your guys losses, there is a big fire that is now burning at Millers Flat, top of fairview canyon, if it continues to burn as rapid at the Wood Hollow fire, My Dads Cabin will be at risk, he still lives there and its where I grew up.