SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
More from CO

b58523b5.jpg

1f67833d.jpg

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I was camping on 1000 lakes mountain last night, and this morning came down across 70 and up to fairview for lunch. We were surprised to see that the paper on the counter of the diner had fairview on the cover, and our server told us that the evacuation had just ended and they had only been open for about an hour. the helicopters were still running water over to the fire, but the immediate area didn't seem to be on fire....just a bit to the north and west.

We were going to go up fairview canyon and down passed Schofield, but fairview canyon was blocked off. We ended up backtracking south and heading up on top of Skyline to take the long way around. Once on top of skyline we could see exactly why fairview canyon was closed. The entire far mountain looked to be on fire, and it looked like the next ridge east was on fire too. We cooked 20 miles or so on dirt to pavement, then took pavement to get back to the north part of the skyline drive. Again, the road was blocked and they forced us down towards schofield. No traffic on any of these roads save for us, a few horse trailers, and fire crews heading in. I'm assuming this fire was the carbon county fire and it looked HUGE.

From skyline, we could see west out towards i15 and there was a really large plume of smoke over there too. We could see what looked like 3, and maybe as many as 5, significant fires from on top. Crazy and scary stuff.

IMG_20120627_160142.jpg

LT.

We have a few every year, though most don't harm structures and most aren't so large.

Thank you. I had no idea y'all had even that many.

Thats an image straight out of a horror/end of the world movie

Exactly what I was thinking. Has anyone given any thought about how the end of the world would come about? There was floods in Noah's time but, what about this time around? Scary stuff to think about.

LT.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
James, can you pry Gordon out of his cabin if the fire sweeps that way? Bec has organized a donation drive for clothes, blankets and other personal items that people will need after losing everything. She will be headed to Mt. Pleasant Saturday with the tow bus loaded. People here in Evanston are very sympathetic to everyone there in San Pete. If I can break away from the job, I'll come along. Good luck with the fires. Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Yea, ive been talking with him about it, hes pretty much prepared to to evacuate if he has to, weve talked about him storing stuff at my house since he has too much stuff to get out in a hurry.. I dont think it will come to this but it could.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I have been granted first dibs on some property that was burned up in the fire, within the Indian Ridge subdivision.. we are looking at 10 lots that are through out in a few places. Does any one own land in there? I would love to get more info on the subdivision.