Wood Hollow Fire

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Sorry to hear about your guys losses, there is a big fire that is now burning at Millers Flat, top of fairview canyon, if it continues to burn as rapid at the Wood Hollow fire, My Dads Cabin will be at risk, he still lives there and its where I grew up.

That is one of my favorite spots to head to for camping and fishing, had no idea it was on fire. We are supposed to be heading down the 2nd weekend in July but maybe not at this point.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member

That house is just below our property, it is the Measoms and they are trying to sell it. I am lot 133 and my b.i.l.is lot 134,I lost everything I had, including Steve's 81 Toyota Angelo. The hard part for me is that the three lots around me came out pretty clean and I was told on Sunday night I was ok only to find out different Monday morning. I sent some pictures of my stuff to Steve I have a hard time posting pictures.
If i can I'll post some up. I lost a 35' fifth wheel trailer and a 14' trailer I used for hunting and it was full of my hunting gear. 3 atvs 2 samurais and the Toyota body and my shed with a trailer mounted sprayer and a couple grand of fence supplies.. All told I expect I will be out around 50k after the insurance covers what it will.. I feel I am a luck one as bad as I feel, it was a vacation spot for me. Some people lost their homes and at least one person in Oaker hills died.

Cascadia

Undecided
That house is just below our property, it is the Measoms and they are trying to sell it. I am lot 133 and my b.i.l.is lot 134,I lost everything I had, including Steve's 81 Toyota Angelo. The hard part for me is that the three lots around me came out pretty clean and I was told on Sunday night I was ok only to find out different Monday morning. I sent some pictures of my stuff to Steve I have a hard time posting pictures. If i can I'll post some up. I lost a 35' fifth wheel trailer and a 14' trailer I used for hunting and it was full of my hunting gear. 3 atvs 2 samurais and the Toyota body and my shed with a trailer mounted sprayer and a couple grand of fence supplies.. All told I expect I will be out around 50k after the insurance covers what it will.. I feel I am a luck one as bad as I feel, it was a vacation spot for me. Some people lost their homes and at least one person in Oaker hills died.
Sorry to hear. On a total side note, I had someone email me today and ask me if I still had the '81 for sale. It's been a year and a half since I sold it.Total bummer though, sorry again.

ricsrx

That house is just below our property, it is the Measoms and they are trying to sell it. I am lot 133 and my b.i.l.is lot 134,I lost everything I had, including Steve's 81 Toyota Angelo. The hard part for me is that the three lots around me came out pretty clean and I was told on Sunday night I was ok only to find out different Monday morning. I sent some pictures of my stuff to Steve I have a hard time posting pictures.
If i can I'll post some up. I lost a 35' fifth wheel trailer and a 14' trailer I used for hunting and it was full of my hunting gear. 3 atvs 2 samurais and the Toyota body and my shed with a trailer mounted sprayer and a couple grand of fence supplies.. All told I expect I will be out around 50k after the insurance covers what it will.. I feel I am a luck one as bad as I feel, it was a vacation spot for me. Some people lost their homes and at least one person in Oaker hills died.

I still have a lot of toyota stuff i would donate to help get your project back on track.
LMK

Rick

sixstringsteve

I still have a lot of toyota stuff i would donate to help get your project back on track.
LMK

Rick

I don't have nearly as much as rick, but I'd donate all my extra toyota pars: springs, 1st gen front hood, 1st gen fenders, 1st gen doors. I'll post up the pics you sent me Scott.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
This sucks man... condolences to everybody who's affected.

On another note - Colorado Springs is on fire now... a lot of homes up in flames lately. :(

edit: Photo of Colorado Springs (posted by Slick Rock Punks on FB)
3065873774.jpg

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I have 2 friends in Colorado who lost their homes yesterday, ironically Herzog posted a picture of the neighborhood where one once stood. This entire situation makes me sick to my stomach, I don't even know firstzukman personally but I had tears come to my eyes because I know he lost something he put a lot of time and effort into.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Sounds like there is now a 11k+ acre wildfire in Carbon County now. Helper area is on evacuation watch. :(

Ima9er

Crazy Man
No insurance on any of it. Nothing was worth insuring, but everythings adds up to 20-30K...Oh well, we will rebuild. They know who started it, but wont say who. Word is it's a property owner who was burning weeds and it got away from him. Doesn't matter, he'll have so many lawsuits against him that nobody will ever see a dime from it.
i heard on the news that it wasn't started by man. other than some thiefs stole some copper wiring from a cooling something(?) and without it, it caught on fire and went up fast.
on a side note, we just got done with hanging tree trail and saw the little smoke starting.
i feel so awful also. wish i could help, anyone..

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Sorry to hear about your guys losses, there is a big fire that is now burning at Millers Flat, top of fairview canyon, if it continues to burn as rapid at the Wood Hollow fire, My Dads Cabin will be at risk, he still lives there and its where I grew up.

James, can you pry Gordon out of his cabin if the fire sweeps that way? Bec has organized a donation drive for clothes, blankets and other personal items that people will need after losing everything. She will be headed to Mt. Pleasant Saturday with the tow bus loaded. People here in Evanston are very sympathetic to everyone there in San Pete. If I can break away from the job, I'll come along. Good luck with the fires. Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
CO and UT are burning up...

Shot of a ttora4runner's apartment complex in Colorado Springs; taken from his FB page.

d4078331.jpg