Words and Phrases I HATE!!!

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I used to get calls all the time with people looking for parts for their old "Willis" Jeep. Willis is Arnold's older brother, not a car company people.

STAG

On my grind
I used to work with a guy that would always respond to a question with "absotively posolutely" instead of just saying "yes".

drove me nuts!

Also "the whole fam-damily"...
I don't like that one either. :mad:

haha that reminds me of what I saw on Family Guy last night... it actually made me laugh pretty hard.. I had never heard it before.

(Peter won the spelling-bee by spelling the word "lesbian") and Meg said, "Yeah, you're a real smart fella!" and Peter said, "well you're just a fart smella'!" and farts in Meg's face. :rofl:

(Get it? "Smart fella'" twisted as "fart smella'")

I know, I'm juvenile.

Swoop69

nice! Lets keep this ball rolling!!!

again, maybe a utah thing, but words pronounced

Pellow for Pillow.
Ornery and Onry

I hate phrases like

"There's more than 2 ways to skin a cat"
"We need to talk"
"You cant buy that"

OK, the last two were just personal. I suppose there is a valid use for them, I just haven't found a reason that I consider valid yet.

Swoop69

haha that reminds me of what I saw on Family Guy last night... it actually made me laugh pretty hard.. I had never heard it before.

(Peter won the spelling-bee by spelling the word "lesbian") and Meg said, "Yeah, you're a real smart fella!" and Peter said, "well you're just a fart smella'!" and farts in Meg's face. :rofl:

(Get it? "Smart fella'" twisted as "fart smella'")

I know, I'm juvenile.

anything in life can be related to family guy and simpsons. Love it!!!

I think homer said it best..."Alcohol... the solution to and cause of all of life's problems"

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
To go along with 'subposebly' - subposevly is right up that alley. I hate both of them equally.

'Could care less' was covered, but that is top of my list.. It's couldn't.. I couldn't care less.. If you could care less, you do care about the thing that you think you don't care about.

'Git er done', or any variant. You are an idiot.

'How are you doing?' from a salesperson, more specifically a telemarketer or cold caller.. Go to hell you ass-wipe, you don't know me.

'On the morrow'... I might kill you the next time I hear you say this. Just say tomorrow.

Calling a generator, a motor. It's an engine. (I hear that because I work around generators and electric motors)

I know I have more that i'll think of.

1995zj

I'm addicted
Another one. Texted. That one really bothers me. When somebody says "yeah he/she texted me last night".

I'm not sure if texted is a word or not, but it shouldn't be. Text works for both present and past tense.