Words and Phrases I HATE!!!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
^ Right, but trust me, people refer to the wrong one all the time. Our receptionist still doesn't understand the difference.. And technically it's an alternator, not a motor. ;)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Anything industrial runs an AC.. None of this DC BS.. ;) AC generator = alternator.. Which is obviously similar to an electric motor..

DC.. funny :)

Corban_White

DC.. funny :)
companioneu2lg.gif

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
This is a really stupid arguement. I still stand by my point in my last post - large generators (ie anything not portable) do not utilize DC..

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Another one. Texted. That one really bothers me. When somebody says "yeah he/she texted me last night".

I'm not sure if texted is a word or not, but it shouldn't be. Text works for both present and past tense.

I'm not sure the usage of the word "text" as a verb (in any tense) is proper. If it were a proper verb, I believe "texted" would be the correct past-tense form.

The dictionary only defines "text" as a noun, so any use as a verb is slang.

1995zj

I'm addicted
I'm not sure the usage of the word "text" as a verb (in any tense) is proper. If it were a proper verb, I believe "texted" would be the correct past-tense form.

The dictionary only defines "text" as a noun, so any use as a verb is slang.

Yes, you're right. However it doesn't change the fact that I think texted sounds retarded.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Well crap. I now know why I am the ultimate thread killer. I irritate the shit out of 90% of you all. :rofl:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu <-----------------irritated?:rofl:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
This thread was originally named, "Things Amy says that make me want to punch babies"... But of course Shane changed the title.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I hate when people say they have a camel pack. I also hate when people say they are wearing thermo underwear.

I am sure I spelled half of that wrong.