Words and Phrases I HATE!!!

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
Most of mine have been mentioned, but x10 on "Cummings"! I work at a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealer, so I hear that one pretty often.
Motor/Engine
Warren/Warn
A few of the guys I work with now used to be Saturn techs and they always call it a "cam cover" instead of a valve cover...yes, I know thats technically right for some of them, but it still bugs me.
I think the one that gets to me the most, lately, is only pronouncing the first part of a swear word, such as: "son of a bi.." holy shi.." "what the fu...". Either say the whole damn word or pick a different one all together. :D

Last edited:

Swoop69

Salw for saw
Wench for Winch

"thats like the pot calling the kettle black" or "pot to kettle?"

I hate the word Cliche` almost as much as I hate cliches themselves!!!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I'm sick and tired of hearing Rudy Guliani on the radio saying the Utahr Utes.. Say it right, or don't come here at all Rudy..

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
"That's what she said"

This is where I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you.

"That's what she said" jokes are timeless, classy, and funny. It's like 'your mom' jokes or Led Zeppelin songs. They will never grow old.

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
This is where I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you.

"That's what she said" jokes are timeless, classy, and funny. It's like 'your mom' jokes or Led Zeppelin songs. They will never grow old.

Timeless and classy to describe "thats what she said" jokes is taking it a little far. I do agree that they can be funny if used in the right context and they make sense.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Timeless and classy to describe "thats what she said" jokes is taking it a little far. I do agree that they can be funny if used in the right context and they make sense.

Classy might take it a bit far.. but timeless? Absolutely. I've been chuckling at TWSS jokes since at least 1990.. when my then-60yr old art teacher introduced them to me.

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
How about referring to me as "Brian" in an email to my account that has "Bryan" in the address. Usually co-workers that I've known for 3 years now. -_-

Our gas pipeline starts up in Wyoming, so the "crik" thing is there. It's fun to tease my co-workers up there about it. Nice break from making fun of what they do to sheep.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Any time someone tries to use texting in speech. LOL, FTW, ROFL, ROFLOLCOPTER, MSG, ect. And Cody. I hate that name, word, expression, planet sized head. When I hear it I just think about how we need to nuke it from space. It's the only way to be sure.

jdub

Scrambler
Panties.
Not the object but when it is said "Panies."

Melk instead of Milk

Dang you Mesha Camel Pack was all mine. I work with people that say that crap! SRAM as well for some reason some say S RAM, what is that?

Anyways.

When people come into your bike shop and ask if you ride.

The way 12 year olds use the word "emo."

The weird mix up between wheels and tires. Example: "I need a new wheel, it's flat"

ID Bronco

Similar to another post but I hate it when I go to a restaraunt and the waitress or waiter say, "How are WE today" I am fine but I have no idea how you are. Morons!