you guys remember this XJ?

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Supergper said:
Keep discusion on this cherokee (or other useful tech)and this thread will stay...if we get off on the RockKrawler suspension stuff AGAIN, this thread will get axed...;)

Why so touchy? did I miss something? Seems funny that it is OK to rip on someone's rig that they built but not to be able to criticize the parts that went in to it.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
bobdog said:
Why so touchy? did I miss something? Seems funny that it is OK to rip on someone's rig that they built but not to be able to criticize the parts that went in to it.

We tend to get PAGES AND PAGES of opinions on whose lift is best.........all they are are opinions. Tough to babysit........

Caleb

bobdog said:

I'm not touchy...I could care less if people rip on me, my rig, or my parts...if you dont remember the Rockkrawler thread then, yeah, you missed something;)...

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I remember the thread. It had no pics or any tech and almost all bashing with one guy defending. While maybe a hyjack from the general bashing of one guys rig. This shows some pics and the start of a discussion of the kit that was so heavilly bashed. I almost thought I might learn something.

Caleb

bobdog said:
I remember the thread. It had no pics or any tech and almost all bashing with one guy defending. While maybe a hyjack from the general bashing of one guys rig. This shows some pics and the start of a discussion of the kit that was so heavilly bashed. I almost thought I might learn something.

I guess I should word it differently, if its just bashing to bash rockkrawler then it will get "pruned"...if its actual discussion (negative or not) about the kit and what can be done differently with it and what not, then yeah, it would be a learning experience for us all:D

IBC

ROOTBEER ANALYST
Getting back on the discussion of the jeep...i think a flamer drove it! that looks like the worst case of hemroids ...OUCH! Somebody buy that guy some Tucks pads!

Andy

aka. Hollywood
xj_punk said:
yeah the hero was super sick... it did well, needed some fender trimming in the rear but it did well. is that who was driving? don't know him but he was a way nice guy, he talked to me about my heep for a second.
it looks like it is tuned for a lot of squat because the vert sep at the axle is a lot more than the "frame"
he said it rode nice but swayed a lot and a antirock would fix that.

Just a question, how many link suspensions have you built? I does side load a bit because of the angle of the coilovers with the link setup, but it's easily fixed as said. And with the statement reffering to the vertical sep. at the axle, stop guessing and learn, I still am.

Andy

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Andy said:
Just a question, how many link suspensions have you built? I does side load a bit because of the angle of the coilovers with the link setup, but it's easily fixed as said. And with the statement reffering to the vertical sep. at the axle, stop guessing and learn, I still am.

Andy
hissssss!!
you seem to be taking offense.. if thats the case i didn't mean to say anything to set you off.
i have never linked, but i have read quite a bit about it (not enough to know everything though)
the dude that was driving just told me that it swayed, which most links do, especially when the coilovers are turned in like you said.
the vert sep thing is totally a guess, i don't know the cog of that particular vehicle and that also has some to do with the as.

fatwreck

I saw that guy in Moab at City Market during EJS. He stopped and talked to a couple of us for a while.

I thought my jeep was too pretty to wheel.....damn, that thing is just wrong.

I'm almost positive that the exo cage isn't a kit. I know it looks like one that is out there, but I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that he and his brother built it themselves.....cause he was asking one of the guys I was with about his exo and how he made a B pillar hoop while still being able to use the back doors.

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
I saw that thing in person this weekend in Orem at a grocery store. Cage is definitely bolt together as seen in person, a closer look at the eBay pictures reveals the bolt together sections. The only fabrication on the cage is the welding to the bumpers. Not as bad as the bolt together nonsense that is stock on TJs, but pretty close. The undercarriage was spotless, not a sign of ever venturing offroad. The rock sliders are poorly mounted to the side of the unibody rails, with no wrap-under support and a small point of contact between the slider and the rail. The joints look sloppy and shot, which is unusual for a vehicle clearly not wheeled.

On a positive note, the paintjob is pretty. If you're gay.