Your Pic of The Day

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I used to live in Mesa and the little slammed trucks were all the craz. I etched glass by hand back then and did the glass to a bunch of these trucks. Mostly they wanted their truck club and flowers etched. I have been keeping my eye out for a 67+ Chev C10 shortbed or a nice long bed that can be shortened. I join the masses all looking for the same thing.

Pretty cheap '67 Chevy 2wd long bed project truck here in GJ. 😉 No title though, which is probably why it's cheap.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I am amazed the sidewalk didn't buckle/crack.
They drove a truck over the sidewalk at our last house too. I think it's weird but if they break it I'm just going to tell them to fix it 🤷‍♂️

The weird thing is I'm not sure how expensive it is to bring out a pump truck but if they asked me I'd likely say yes. I can't imagine it adds that much cost, all things considered. There's no way they're driving over the RV pad to do the foundation for the shop in the future. I'll demand a pump truck for that one.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
They drove a truck over the sidewalk at our last house too. I think it's weird but if they break it I'm just going to tell them to fix it 🤷‍♂️

The weird thing is I'm not sure how expensive it is to bring out a pump truck but if they asked me I'd likely say yes. I can't imagine it adds that much cost, all things considered. There's no way they're driving over the RV pad to do the foundation for the shop in the future. I'll demand a pump truck for that one.
It's more about climbing up and over the edge of the concrete from a lower grade without support. That extreme pressure on the edge is where the risk is. You can dump a load of dirt or gravel over and around the sidewalk to support and cushion the heavy load. That's a lot cheaper than a pump truck, and you probably need topsoil soon, anyway.

Last I heard, it was about $750 for a pump truck for the day. That was quite a while ago.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
It's more about climbing up and over the edge of the concrete from a lower grade without support. That extreme pressure on the edge is where the risk is. You can dump a load of dirt or gravel over and around the sidewalk to support and cushion the heavy load. That's a lot cheaper than a pump truck, and you probably need topsoil soon, anyway.

Last I heard, it was about $750 for a pump truck for the day. That was quite a while ago.
Yeah I’d totally pay for a pump truck. Any reasonably-sized project is likely going to be tens of thousands so paying another $750 doesn’t exactly ruin me.

I’m going to ask them about the sidewalk just so they know I’m watching it. We’ll see what they do.