Your Pic of The Day

rholbrook

My youngest, Harrison came home from USU to take the RZR up Bountiful Canyon to see how much snow there was. I knew I would be getting a call at some point saying he was stuck. The first call I got was from a buddy, Shane, who saw him on his way down from snowmobiling. His first words were, “Hey Russ, you talked to Harrison yet?” I knew he had to have been buried. I have trained my kids well in the art of getting stuck in the snow since they were young, we love wheeling and playing in the snow. I replied to my buddy that I had not yet but he had what he needed. Shane then told me there was nothing close enough to winch to. Well, 5 min later, Harrison called me and said he was pretty buried and he was making little progress with the shovel and asked if I could come help. The wife and I were finishing our sticky finger salad and wings at the local eatery and went and loaded the tracked up Ranger and headed out for a rescue. Normally the wife stays home because she was used to these nights because we were HS sweethearts and has had plenty of experiences with me doing this exact thing over the years. This time she decided she would come with me.

We loaded up the tracked, cabbed and heated Ranger and took off towards the “B” parking lot.
15 min after unloading we got to him and his girlfriend who by the way, is just as adventurous as he is. Even she had a big grin on her face when we pulled up

There was close to two feet of pow (as the cool kids call it) so I proceeded to pack the snow down behind the Rzr. I thing got back a little bit and winched him out. I was back to the truck in less than an hour. Harrison had gotten u stuck from where he saw Shane which was in the parking lot by the gate and was on his way back down when he figured he could stay on top of the snow and go through the deeper stuff.

Long story, short rescue and a few photos. I always say that the fun ends when you get unstuck. My oldest son was mad we didn’t call him so he and I will go take the Ranger up to the top gate today. There is a company in St George that makes a kit to enclose my Pro R 4. Tempting but I think I would rather get a loaded up 4 door Defender.
C9F03C3D-E312-43F1-9D71-C7F772925A0B.jpeg2C927F8B-9DDA-4851-85D6-10E7A384B9E9.jpegFD3BDE20-5700-4C37-9D40-BF910B75C27D.jpegDD96C844-1C95-41BC-BCA1-5E18367FD077.jpeg71E4F8B5-0275-4B11-94E6-CBE5A7F0492E.jpegDDD69F36-73F6-43D5-840E-55DF729C2145.jpeg

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Good job dad! I need a manual transmission around before my kids learn to drive.
I’m dying to get on with the LS swap and automatic, but I don’t see another manual transmission in our heard any time soon. My 11 year old son has been driving it too. Got to get them all at least some experience with it before it goes away.

DAA

View attachment 157358

Weird things you find in the desert. I guess they knew I was coming.

View attachment 157359

At first I wouldn't have guessed that weird enough for Buckmaster. This is from Buckmaster:

20140329_Swell_Camping-72W.jpg

- DAA

Thursty

BTW... My Daughter has/had these hair mannequins from when she dropped out of cosmetology school. I've been gradually placing them in the most out of the way, never visited places I know of. Somebody, someday, is going to have some WTF moments over those.

- DAA
There’s a single old New Balance sneaker just inside one of the old adits out there. That wasn’t you too, was it?

• Haha
Reactions: DAA