Your Pic of The Day

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Hey make sure you get him a set of folding levers for the next ones. You can also do a few turns of Teflon tape under the perch so that when it hits it spins instead of breaking the perch.
He showed me the Tusk folding lever. Are they pretty good? Are these levers universal or do I need a specific one?

Corban_White

He showed me the Tusk folding lever. Are they pretty good? Are these levers universal or do I need a specific one?
Some wrap around handguards will be money well spent. In high school I spent well more than the cost of some nice ones just replacing levers and perches on my CR.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I have only broken one lever in 500 hours of riding. I learned from smarter riders, A)move your levers in so the lever just fits your pointer and index finger inside the ball. B) run the perches loose and do the teflon trick Stratton mentioned. I've crashed hard enough to break a helmet and the levers were fine. I've launched the bike out into rocks, and the levers just pivot. Not saying wrap arounds aren't great, but I like the give a flag style handguard has when you hit smaller tree limbs instead of pulling you fulling into the tree.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
A high end condo complex called “Canal on Baseline” was finished being built next to our neighborhood a couple months ago. The owner made it out to be very high end and nice. It has since turned into section 8 and he’s making a ton of money from the government by housing migrants and homeless natives. That all started after he sold a few condos to some nice families who are now stuck in the mess. 🙄
Anyways, someone keeps steeling the C. I feel it’s much more appropriate now. I had to grab a pic.

IMG_4993.jpeg

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Leaky radiator on the buggy? Not sure where it is coming from. I pulled it and dropped it off at Armstrong radiator. Hopefully he can fix it. 😕

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20231221-144707.jpg
    VideoCapture_20231221-144707.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 16

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Here is a Hole in the Rock treasure my friends wife found while we working on his XJ. We were in that last sandy wash about a mile and a half before the cottonwood overlook. It is a Henry .45 rimfire cartridge. They were produced from 1865 to around 1890 before centerfire cartridges were invented. This one in particular was shot by a double firing pin as detailed by the 2 marks 180 degrees from each other.

IMG_9556.jpeg

rholbrook

Here is a Hole in the Rock treasure my friends wife found while we working on his XJ. We were in that last sandy wash about a mile and a half before the cottonwood overlook. It is a Henry .45 rimfire cartridge. They were produced from 1865 to around 1890 before centerfire cartridges were invented. This one in particular was shot by a double firing pin as detailed by the 2 marks 180 degrees from each other.

View attachment 167708
That is really cool

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
If you look at just the photo, you’d think we had a great day. Because we mostly did.

IMG_5693.jpeg

Except.. I decided to tow the covered trailer up to give us just a little protection if bad weather came about. That acted like a giant anchor on the solid ice dirt road, and left me stuck in a horrible spot, hill on one side, edge on the other. Couldn’t go forward, couldn’t control the trailer in reverse.
After a while we got to a point my brother could sneak his dodge past me. We strapped up, but the ice was so bad he couldn’t hardly move himself up the hill. We both aired down. Doubled the straps for length, and tried and tried. Nothing. It was very frustrating as competent men to not be able to move. On the ‘one last try’ pull we somehow finally got moving. I bet we spent more than an hour moving 100 yards.

We got situated and started my sage piles on fire. There was a slight wind blowing away from where we parked, so I lit the side closest to us and it did a great job of helping the fire blow into the pile more as it burned.
But about an hour in, the wind changed and started blowing towards us. The fires were now being blown back towards the burned stuff, and really slowed down. They never really finished, and just smoldered. At dawn we started covering them with snow.. but the smoldering was so far under the ash and dirt, it didn’t seem to be helping much. We stayed for a couple hours trying to get the snow to mix. My wife and kids were frozen and hungry. I took them home and grabbed a side-by-side with a snowplow on it.

It’s now 5 AM the next day and I am still up here trying to put these stupid fires out. Being as it is Sunday on Christmas Eve, like heck I’m going to find a place that will rent a tractor so that I can turn these piles over.

Needless to say, I will not be doing stash pile fires ever again.