Your Pic of The Day

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
After yesterday’s hike up Moab Rim, my old man Gunner wasn’t up for the hike along Mill Creek today. We cut it a bit short and I found a shady spot next to the river to eat my lunch. Gunner was happy to find the shade. You can barely see him in the photo! You can just make out some vehicles at potato salad hill through the trees.
7C5DA17A-05F5-4919-B91C-36458C2C7831.jpeg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
It’s not awesome. I may be ok? It will need a little file work for sure. Some of the spindle threads are a little buggered. I’d assume I’ll need a new axle if the spindle is junk?
You CAN just replace the spindle....but I probably wouldn't bother. A new axle would be a bunch faster and easier.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
You CAN just replace the spindle....but I probably wouldn't bother. A new axle would be a bunch faster and easier.

It would be the way to go. I'm either wanting to run the axle up to Best Deal in Price, have Rory Irish take a look at it or booger file the threads with a thread file to see if I can clean up some of the boogers and limp it home. I wonder if there's an axle here in Moab (because I agree with you)

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
It would be the way to go. I'm either wanting to run the axle up to Best Deal in Price, have Rory Irish take a look at it or booger file the threads with a thread file to see if I can clean up some of the boogers and limp it home. I wonder if there's an axle here in Moab (because I agree with you)
You need a part? In Moab? During EJS? Yeah, nearest available part is in Topeka and the fastest they can get it to you will be Thursday. Oh, wait, that’s to Grand Junction.*

*My experience every time

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Did you ruin the spindle?

Spindle seems like it’s fixed. I had to use the castle side of the nut, a small file, some super cheap sand paper from the Dollar General and a cold chisel (VERY gently and deliberately) to clean the threads. Seemed to work pretty well? I’m going to try to find a die tomorrow if possible or a couple more spindle nuts should do the trick. The new nut will tell me how well I did.

I will know if I need an axle tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited: