Your Pic of The Day

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Spindle seems like it’s fixed. I had to use the castle side of the nut, a small file, some super cheap sand per from the Dollar General and a cold chisel (VERY gently and deliberately) to clean the threads. Seemed to work pretty well? I’m going to try to find a die tomorrow if possible or a couple more spindle nuts should do the trick. The new nut will tell me how well I did.

I will know if I need an axle tomorrow afternoon.
I have a thread file in my van. It is metric. If it helps you I can bring it to you or you can pick it up. I’m in the KOA.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Probably the wrong spot for this.. but I didn't want to waste a whole thread on it ;)

There appears to be a cave on HWY 6 in spanish fork canyon at MM 191..

My daughters spotted it on our drive through. Anyone know anything about it? The trees are barren right now making it easier to see than this google view.

1617037718246.png

Magerdgr

Have gun, will travel
Probably the wrong spot for this.. but I didn't want to waste a whole thread on it ;)

There appears to be a cave on HWY 6 in spanish fork canyon at MM 191..

My daughters spotted it on our drive through. Anyone know anything about it? The trees are barren right now making it easier to see than this google view.

View attachment 136101
It’s short, only goes in about 5-10 ft, more of a shelter/alcove.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
What did you do?
Was camping in the swell last weekend with my daughter and her BF. Went for a hike and was stepping down a 1' ledge onto a rock which promptly rolled over. The damage is much less than I expected. When I first looked, my foot was rotated about 45* CCW from where it should be and I thought I shattered the lower end of the tibia (and the BF looked about to blow chunks). Seems I had only dislocated the ankle joint. After a couple hundred feet of one legged hopping, it went back to normal alignment (which is still not straight due to a spiral fracture of the tibia in 6th grade). I can stand on it today, but any kind of twisting motion lights it up pretty good.
Oh, and Lane, the dog most definitely gets carsick..... projectile vomit 5 different times. So much for a travel buddy..☹️

On a side note: What the h*ll is going on in the swell? It was crowded. Where Buckhorn draw road hits I70 there was a "town" of about 25 RV's and the crowds were not limited to there. We camped in Calf canyon and it was steady traffic during the day.

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
It would be the way to go. I'm either wanting to run the axle up to Best Deal in Price, have Rory Irish take a look at it or booger file the threads with a thread file to see if I can clean up some of the boogers and limp it home. I wonder if there's an axle here in Moab (because I agree with you)
If you run it up here and need help with anything let me know.

lhracing

Was camping in the swell last weekend with my daughter and her BF. Went for a hike and was stepping down a 1' ledge onto a rock which promptly rolled over. The damage is much less than I expected. When I first looked, my foot was rotated about 45* CCW from where it should be and I thought I shattered the lower end of the tibia (and the BF looked about to blow chunks). Seems I had only dislocated the ankle joint. After a couple hundred feet of one legged hopping, it went back to normal alignment (which is still not straight due to a spiral fracture of the tibia in 6th grade). I can stand on it today, but any kind of twisting motion lights it up pretty good.
Oh, and Lane, the dog most definitely gets carsick..... projectile vomit 5 different times. So much for a travel buddy..☹️

On a side note: What the h*ll is going on in the swell? It was crowded. Where Buckhorn draw road hits I70 there was a "town" of about 25 RV's and the crowds were not limited to there. We camped in Calf canyon and it was steady traffic during the day.

Man that sucks. Sounds like the BF and the dog should get along well...

Coco

I sold a dirtbike today to a guy that had this as his shifter in his truck. I almost want to go buy a new truck just so I can make one like it!

View attachment 136103
I had a 2004 Dodge ram cummins with the 6 speed manual. The kid I bought it from worked at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC, and had a piston rod from his dirtbike engine as his shift knob.

Though cool, it wasn't particularly my style. I took a broken axle shaft, and an old turn signal cover that was meant for a Suzuki Samurai, and built my own knob. The skull covered the hole in the shaft nicely.

I miss that truck.

IMG-6874.JPGIMG-6872.JPGIMG-6873.JPG

Last edited: