Your Pic of The Day

Pile of parts

The grandfather is the one who ended up with it when they pulled it off the wall.
If you have a name, I'd probably know who they are. Another interesting Riverton historical fact.... There was a little house north of Riverton Chevy and then Butterfield Ford was just north of the house. So, both car dealers were right there, just separated by that house. My dad was a dentist and ended up buying that house and converting it into his practice. None of it's there now.

Coco

You're going to blow right past me! The Samurai is under hot rod parts and that's what I have to finish before the coupe!

And what do I do? Dink around with decorating...

View attachment 134414

Last night I found this neat, old hand-painted sign that used to hang in Riverton Chevy & Olds in the 1960s. I love stuff like this. It fits right in with my coupe and it's worn out and imperfect enough to fit in with my shop. The price was right, too. Right now I'm a seller not a buyer but it was too cheap to pass up.

View attachment 134415

I'm always moving, adding and subtracting but this one may stick around a while.

It was dirty and had some decade's old fingerprints on it but it cleaned up really well.

View attachment 134418
I like all of that! The pallet wall is really nice, I did a couple in my house before we moved in, been really pleased with them, and find myself just staring at the walls often times.

Coco

Thanks, Coco! I used a LOT of pallets. I can't remember how many I broke down, I think it was over 60? I did use some reclaimed barn wood and such, too. It looks good from the floor but straight on, you can see how much the lumber shrunk after putting it up... which just adds to the "charm" I suppose. Haha.
I hear you there! I was thinking I needed a LOT of wood, so I picked up probably 60 pallets at least of all kinds. I did the first big wall, and had so much leftover I convinced the wife to let me do one of the master bath walls, and I STILL had a ton leftover. Threw it on KSL for $50 and had a guy that was more than excited to be picking up already dismantled pallet wood.

It was actually a lot of fun to build... I could have easily done more walls, or the garage but the Mrs. put a big no on that one haha.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
View attachment 134527
My friend, Ryan, cast a bunch of metallic shift knobs 10 years ago and he'd sell them for hot rod money. He had some left over and text me a pic, a while ago. I though this green one would match. It was the only green one he had. After I sent him a pic of the wheel, he didn't think it was a match and that was that.

Then, the other day he was talking about a big purchase he's making and how he's selling off some neat items. I said, "sell me that green knob, I can't find anything that's as close as that one."

Today, it comes in the mail and it looks like the dang thing was made for it. I love when things like that work out. I'm not sure if the wheel will be the first one I run in the coupe, but it for sure is a neat, rare option.
My dad has the shift knob from one of his old work trucks. It's clear metallic like that with the Peterbilt emblem inside. I should try and get that from him to put in Britney.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
View attachment 134533

fancy new tailgate

View attachment 134534
Those of you with a gooseneck trailer may recognize this damage? I have a used gold colored shell tailgate I was going to combine with mine to make a good unit but this black one with a step fell in my lap today.
I didn't think I'd like that step in the tailgate when I first got my truck....but it's actually pretty handy. :) It does make for a heavy tailgate, and a not-flat surface for longer items hanging out the bed though.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I didn't think I'd like that step in the tailgate when I first got my truck....but it's actually pretty handy. :) It does make for a heavy tailgate, and a not-flat surface for longer items hanging out the bed though.
My knees definitely miss that step. The Ram doesn't have anything to compete with it.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

Losing the flat surface will suck. I use that WAY more than I think I do. A tailgate is truly my favorite workbench

with my white sneakers and socks and the tailgate step and the “old man” tires/wheels, I’m getting a lot of crap about my age. I see a Corvette as a mid-life crisis in my future. Probably a C4 from like ‘87 or something?

Pike2350

Losing the flat surface will suck. I use that WAY more than I think I do. A tailgate is truly my favorite workbench

with my white sneakers and socks and the tailgate step and the “old man” tires/wheels, I’m getting a lot of crap about my age. I see a Corvette as a mid-life crisis in my future. Probably a C4 from like ‘87 or something?
If it's like the F150 you can usually remove the handle and replace the metal panel in the tailgate and then either get a new plastic piece or line it.

The '09-14 have the same annoying handle on the tailgate making it not flat. The replacement metal panel is pretty pricey. I bought the same piece for an '04-'08 tailgate( about $60) but need to weld in a 1" filler strip to make it work...otherwise it will be just replacing the plastic cover after. That wY you still get the step just no handle...and a flat tailgate.