Your Pic of The Day

Pile of parts

You're going to blow right past me! The Samurai is under hot rod parts and that's what I have to finish before the coupe!

And what do I do? Dink around with decorating...

View attachment 134414

Last night I found this neat, old hand-painted sign that used to hang in Riverton Chevy & Olds in the 1960s. I love stuff like this. It fits right in with my coupe and it's worn out and imperfect enough to fit in with my shop. The price was right, too. Right now I'm a seller not a buyer but it was too cheap to pass up.

View attachment 134415

I'm always moving, adding and subtracting but this one may stick around a while.

It was dirty and had some decade's old fingerprints on it but it cleaned up really well.

View attachment 134418
I was going through some pictures at my mom's and thought you might like this. This was taken probably from where Jim's Family Restaurant, on Rewood Road in Riverton, is. I would guess this would have been 1976-1978ish. Anyway, you can see the old Riverton Chevy Olds dealership. This photo is looking north so the dealership was on the East side of the street.20211015_104148.jpg

Coco

This was my fun yesterday. My mother in law had a tree come down in the storm on Tuesday at her house in WVC. I had Wednesday off, so I grabbed my dad's chainsaw, and conveniently already had the truck and trailer hooked up. Ran up there and got to work. My wife and I had about half of it done when a neighbor came over and helped out. We got it done pretty quick. I strapped it down the best I could, and slowly drove to the dump. I swear it took almost twice as long to unload as the dump was a muddy, soupy mess. I wasn't thrilled about that.

Then on the way home we stopped at Armor Coatings to pick up the SXS cage. All in all a good productive day.

part0.JPGpart0 (3).JPGpart0 (2).JPGpart0 (1).JPG

Anyone need an office chair?

IMG-1290.JPG

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
This was my fun yesterday. My mother in law had a tree come down in the storm on Tuesday at her house in WVC. I had Wednesday off, so I grabbed my dad's chainsaw, and conveniently already had the truck and trailer looked up. Ran up there and got to work. My wife and I had about half of it done when a neighbor came over and helped out. We got it done pretty quick. I strapped it down the best I could, and slowly drove to the dump. I swear it took almost twice as long to unload the dump was a muddy, soupy mess. I wasn't thrilled about that.

Then on the way home we stopped at Armor Coatings to pick up the SXS cage. All in all a good productive day.

View attachment 143975View attachment 143972View attachment 143973View attachment 143974

Anyone need an office chair?

View attachment 143976
Was it too green to burn? My middle child just recently bought a house with a ton of problem trees in the yard and they had a big branch come down yesterday. I'm gonna get them a burn barrel for Xmas.

Coco

Was it too green to burn? My middle child just recently bought a house with a ton of problem trees in the yard and they had a big branch come down yesterday. I'm gonna get them a burn barrel for Xmas.
Yeah it was still really green, but we also didn't have anywhere to put all the limbs at either house. After taking out that huge tree in my backyard, I am hoping no more tree issues for a while.

DAA

Reestablished the rule of good King Olaf. In his absence.

20211217_FTO-14W.jpg

20211217_FTO-37W.jpg

20211217_FTO-30W.jpg

- DAA